Oracle Access Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Access Manager is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Access Management tools. It is most often compared to ForgeRock: Oracle Access Manager vs ForgeRock

What is Oracle Access Manager?
Oracle Access Manager delivers risk-aware end-to-end user authentication, single sign-on, and authorization protection, enabling enterprises to secure access from mobile devices and seamlessly integrate social identities with applications.

Download the Access Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2021

Oracle Access Manager Customers
SekerBank, University of Melbourne
Oracle Access Manager Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Access Manager pricing:
  • "The price is really good and it is flexible because they have CPU licenses. The license is a one-time-only purchase."

AP
IT Security Consultant at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Has the ability to customize it with your own code but is too complex for most uses

What is our primary use case?

The reason why we started using the product was that it was used by one of our customers. The customer called us to help protect access to their online banking website. Oracle Access Manager handles the login process for them so that the bank's customers can get access to their online bank accounts.

• "The product allows customization via custom code."
  • "The product was built to be scalable."
  • "The technical support is not very good at all."
  • "The product is complicated and difficult to install and configure."
  • "There are problems with stability."

What other advice do I have?

The advice that I would give to people who are beginning to work with this solution is that it is a good idea to consult the Oracle documentation. Oracle products tend to come with a lot of documentation and there is more available in their other resources. I think that it is worth spending the time to study the documentation is very important, and it is time well spent. Making the effort to study the product can reveal features that you were not already aware of or make you understand better ways to approach a problem, use a feature, or maybe avoid bothering with the technical support. There…
PP
Enterprise Architect at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Stable with an easy initial setup and good geo sign-on functionality

What is our primary use case?

We have multiple applications that require logins. If when a user is signing on for the first time, they can go to the Oracle Asset Manager's main page where they will need to provide a user ID and password. Then, the corresponding user ID and password would be there and the user's page will be sent a token. If they need to log into other applications, the registry token will be used and the user won't need to log in at that time. So by doing that, we are providing a secure and simple user experience.

• "The scalability of the solution is good. We haven't felt we've been restricted from expanding as necessary and we haven't heard of any issues from our clients."
  • "The mobile access to the solution isn't ideal. They should work to improve its functionality."

What other advice do I have?

We've used both cloud and on-premises deployment models, but have never handled a hybrid deployment model. I'd advise others that, before starting the installation, it's very important to have the proper equipment in place, at a high level. The organization should also have a proper access management strategy considered as well before implementing the solution. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. Overall, it's a very good solution, but its lacking in the mobile area. If the mobile offering was better, I'd rate it higher.
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Okta, Broadcom and others in Access Management. Updated: August 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AJ
Founder & Chief Operating Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Integrates well into an Oracle ecosystem, it's easy to use, but the support and setup could be better

What is our primary use case?

We are Integrators. We implement and integrate this product for our clients, as well as provide support to our client who is using this solution. Mainly, we are using it to provide access to two different systems that the client has. It determines the access levels of people. It tells you who needs how much access and then managing it through that.

• "Once it is set up, it is easy to use and it integrates with most of the products on the market."
  • "The initial implementation can definitely be improved because you have to work on several components to configure it correctly."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others, especially if they are using Oracle products because it is easily integrable with those products. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
RobbertVan Der Hoorn
Oracle Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good customization, with good scalability and stability

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for single sign-on purposes.

• "In general, the customization that is offered is very good. The company that I am working with currently is using this feature quite extensively."
  • "The pricing of the solution is in need of improvement. Oracle products are very expensive."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant that works with a company that uses this solution. We don't have a business relationship with Oracle. The company is currently using version 11 or 12. I'd recommend the solution. The caveat is users who are considering the solution need to do a POC first. This will help determine how well it would work for the organization. It's a pretty complex product. Users could definitely use more documentation. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
PM
IT Solution Provider at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Single sign-on availability and good user self-service that helps save time

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for accessing different systems with one single sign-on.

• "I would tell others that this solution is reliable. If they are looking for a solution that is reliable and that is scalable, then this is a good one."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see improvements made to the interface."

What other advice do I have?

I would tell others that this solution is reliable. If they are looking for a solution that is reliable and that is scalable, then this is a good one. In the next release, I would like to see improvements made to the interface. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Pakorn Leesakul
CEO, Founder at Finema
Functional user controls, flexible licenses, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for Single Sign-On and for mobile authentication integration.

What is most valuable?

From a technical perspective, the solution is very good we can operate and control the user by ourselves.

What needs improvement?

There could be some improvements in the documentation and overall knowledge base of the solution.

I have been using this solution for a few months.

The stability is good.

In my experience, I have found the solution has good scalability.

The technical support is quite good.

The…