Perimeter 81 OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Perimeter 81 is #8 ranked solution in top Enterprise Infrastructure VPN tools, #9 ranked solution in top ZTNA services, and #12 ranked solution in top Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) tools. IT Central Station users give Perimeter 81 an average rating of 10 out of 10. Perimeter 81 is most commonly compared to Zscaler Private Access:Perimeter 81 vs Zscaler Private Access. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 27% of all views.
What is Perimeter 81?

Perimeter 81 is a Zero Trust Network as a Service helping organizations to secure their network, cloud and application access, and protect their most valuable resources. Incorporating the highest standards of Zero Trust Security, Perimeter 81 seamlessly applies adaptive policies, based on device, identity and location, so that only authorized users are granted access to critical corporate resources. A pioneer in software-defined access technology, Perimeter 81 is among the first solution that can fully secure access to both managed and unmanaged devices. Unlike traditional hardware-based network security providers, Perimeter 81 provides greater network visibility, seamless on-boarding and automatic integration with all the major cloud providers. Furthermore, the solution can be fully deployed across a company’s network in less than 15 minutes, giving companies of all industries and sizes the power to be securely mobile and completely cloud-confident.

Download the Enterprise Infrastructure VPN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Perimeter 81 Customers

Aqua Security, Cognito, Multipoint

Perimeter 81 Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Perimeter 81 pricing:
  • "Overall I am very happy with the solution’s flexibility and pricing."

Perimeter 81 Reviews

reviewer1428267
VP Engineering at Loris.ai
Affordable, secure, and allows me to manage all user access in one platform

• "Their split tunneling feature has been very valuable to our company since implementing the Perimeter 81 solution."
  • "I would suggest adding more networking and security features that allow more customization within their platform."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Perimeter 81 for secure network connections while working remotely.

As my entire team is working remotely, we were looking for a simple and secure remote access solution and we went with Perimeter 81. So far, we have been super happy with Perimeter 81’s affordable and simple to manage solution.

We initially started to use Perimeter 81 for their networking features but recently we integrated their split-tunneling feature and their simple Google Authenticator two-factor authentication integration. Both features have been game-changers for us.

How has it helped my organization?

Simply, Perimeter 81 has allowed me to easily manage all our user access to my company’s networks in one platform.

Additionally, my employees can quickly connect to a reliable and more secure network connection while working outside the office. Instead of manually connecting to a VPN, all of my employees are automatically connected to Perimeter 81 when they open their computer or other company devices.

Since implementing Perimeter 81 we are seeing an increase in network performance and employee productivity.

What is most valuable?

We were able to configure tunnels to our IP addresses for specific user access, including application access to any devices no matter their location. This has helped me make sure the right users are getting the right access to their work resources to do their daily job.

Also, I am very happy with their MFA feature. It was very easy to integrate with our two-factor authentication and simplified the authorization process for all of our employees to gain network access.

What needs improvement?

So far, I am very happy with their simple network management platform. However, I feel such features as SD-WAN, Firewalls, and more real-time alerts would take this solution to the next level. By adding these networking and security features, it will allow me to customize my company's network security to the level I am seeking.

I have been using Perimeter 81 for three months.

We did not use another solution prior to Perimeter 81.

Overall I am very happy with the solution’s flexibility and pricing. Very fair dissolution for the price I am paying.