Rally Software Overview

Rally Software is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Application Lifecycle Management Suites. It is most often compared to Jira: Rally Software vs Jira

What is Rally Software?

With Rally Software, you can plan, prioritize, manage, track, and continuously improve your work so that you can deliver the value that your customers need with speed, quality, and efficiency. Our enterprise-class Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) SaaS platform provides visibility into progress, roadblocks, and dependencies across multiple teams, projects, and programs. This allows you to align to your strategic goals and create better business results, and to do it all in a single system of record.

Rally Software is also known as CA Agile Central, Rally Enterprise, CA Agile Training, CA Agile Coaching, CA Agile Academy, CA Agile Management , CA ALM.

Download the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Rally Software Customers

Physicians Mutual, Harvard Pilgrim HealthCare, Editora Abril, Tata Communications, Level 3 Communications, Seagate, TomTom, Philips, Hiscox, Physicians Mutual, MYOB

Rally Software Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

PM
Test Automation Architect at CenturyLink
Built on web services which can be used to pull reports and metrics without SQL queries

What is our primary use case?

It's mainly about test cases and automation of data. I, as a test automation architect, collect all that data and show the metrics.

• "Reporting is much easier and faster than Micro Focus ALM, with CA AC built on web services... Also, the data is more granular when it comes to tasks, iterations, sprints, and releases."
  • "One problem I see is that if there is a dependent user story - for example, if my team is working on one thing and there is a dependent user story from another team - we can have a dependency created but we don't know if there is a change of status from the other team. That is something which is very important for Agile Central to look into so that if the other team makes any changes we will be notified as well."

What other advice do I have?

This solution will be of benefit to somebody who has knowledge of and understands web services, as it is built on web services - Representational State Transfer (REST). In our organization, we have about 400-plus users of Agile Central. It is used by the development managers, QA managers, architects, delivery managers, and scrum masters. These are all stakeholders in it. Across our organization, everyone, including the development team, is following the Agile methodology. We are yet to get into DevOps. Agile Central is the tool which even other departments, like testing, are using. Overall, I…
Scrum Master for a Big International Bank in Belgium at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Streamlines workflow for many simultaneous users

What is our primary use case?

I was previously using it as a scrum monitor for the team. It helps with billing and the IT team used it, as well. I am very satisfied with this product.

• "I was able to create epics for our budgeting concerns and it helped me link everything together."
  • "I think there is a missing link with the development activity. Some developers are pushing in new versions of the code, but you cannot make the link from the user story to a specific application version."

What other advice do I have?

When considering a new solution, I always consider: * UI * Price
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Atlassian, Microsoft and others in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites. Updated: May 2021.
501,151 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Agile Coach at T-Mobile
Video Review
Helps with getting the alignment between strategy and execution for product teams all the way to delivery teams

What is our primary use case?

CA Agile Central is used for the lifecycle of Initiatives, Features, and User Stories, Defects: from concept through delivery

• "Having that view into features and roadmap from product to delivery teams, and where they are going, then execute on."
  • "Its ability to scale."
  • "Tech support is very responsive, helpful, and available."
  • "It helps with getting the alignment between strategy and execution for the product teams, all the way down to the delivery teams."
  • "A lot of the features that we would be looking to add, I am learning may not be within Agile Central, but part of another CA tool set."

What other advice do I have?

I would give it about an eight and a half. The reason why it would not be higher is because some of the things we are looking for we had to get other tools to plug into. Whereas, some of the other solutions we have seen out there, it is all-in-one tool set.
MQ
IT Consultancy Manager at OdPe Business Solutions
User
Provides visibility into how teams are meeting business objectives

What is our primary use case?

Execution of software development.

• "CA Agile Central provides visibility into how teams are meeting business objectives."
  • "CA Agile Central helps the entire organization run like one powerful team."
  • "CA Agile Central does not have a workflow tool included."
AW
Team Leader at CU Direct
User
The solution has the built-in ability to track bugs, and story reporting helps keep the enterprise clean

What is our primary use case?

We run our team and enterprise with Agile Tool. At the team level we determined and managed capacity, created tasks, and assigned hours to the tasks.
Director of Delivery at Physicians Mutual Insurance
Video Review
We can work better and at a higher quality, than we were able to before

• "The transparency it allows us to provide, both from the team level all the way through the executive level within the company and the work that we are doing."
  • "We can work better and at a higher quality, than we were able to before."
  • "I think there needs to be some simplification. The team-level side can be challenging and complicated."

What other advice do I have?

I would give it probably in the seven to eight range. In order to improve beyond that, I think there would need to be some simplification. The team-level side can be challenging and complicated. However, its ability to scale to portfolio and executive-level solutions really drives it up to that seven to eight score. It is something that I don't think there is a lot of other projects out there that allow you to take that from a team to an executive-level view. Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: First and foremost, we are buying a product, but we are buying also the people and…
Senior Director at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
Video Review
Crucial for our adopting of SAFe; logs 100% of our work, nothing can go under the radar

• "When we went into Scaled Agile Framework, we could not have done it without the use of Agile Central. It allows us to scale our Scrum teams, and it also enables us when we do our remote big room plannings."
  • "Agile Central allows us to log one hundred percent of the work we do and it allows for no hidden work, so teams can't go under the radar with what they're working on."
  • "Ease of use - I don't even know when a new release is coming and I don't need to because it's so easy to use what's new."

What other advice do I have?

When we go out and look for a vendor, we're looking for a partnership. So we're not looking for a vendor, we're looking for a partner. On a scale of on to 10, I would give it a solid 9.9.
    Engineer Manager at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    My teams describe their user stories and track the progress of their projects

What is our primary use case?

I use Agile Center mostly to do two things: * To manage my requirements and I have hundreds of thousands of requirements. * My teams uses it for their daily agile management. They describe their user stories and track the progress of their projects. We are a former customer before it was acquired by CA. In that time, we were using just a fraction of what was there. This year, we started having more implementation and moving into the newest version. This has allowed us to use some of the high-end features like the label hierarchy, and it is good so far.

• "My teams uses it for their daily agile management. They describe their user stories and track the progress of their projects."
    • "The effect of these kind of tools drives the way you organize things. It helps you shape the way you flow."
    • "It could improve by being self-organizing: user stories, different hierarchies, and different perspectives. Not just as a single hierarchical structure, but something that can be multidimensional."

What other advice do I have?

There is an ongoing change that is happening. CA has implemented with Rally, so they are still in the early emerging process. I think the evolution and integration of the two with product solutions will come after it. A solution is not more than a solution. It is a tool. It does not solve your problem. It is fixed by the tool. It is important to think about the problem that you are trying to solve to work with the consultants to come up with the right solution. The tool by itself could not solve your product issues. Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: partnership. That is the most…
    SM
    Director Of Enterprise Architecture at Best Western
    Furnishes visualization of what's in flight, enables us to move the cards across the board, and plan our releases

What is our primary use case?

Organizing all of our Agile work load, and projects that we have in the pipeline. It's been good. I don't know that it's best suited for Kanban which is the Agile style that we're using. It seems a little more focused on Scrum. So having some more Kanban methodology built into the product would be nice, but it does allow us to move our stories along the board, and have a good visualization of where everything is in process.

• "The most valuable feature is actually creating a field within there for architectural review. So when teams are struggling or have questions on the architecture or strategy that they take, they can actually flag that particular story, release, or project. Those can then be reviewed by the architecture team and the teams actually get additional information on how to course-correct, build on the architecture that we're trying to build throughout the organization, and get over road blocks much quicker."
    • "The reporting, and being able to roll that up across the verticals, was an important selling point for us."
    • "I would like to see more Kanban support. As it stands, it doesn't seem to have the features or the layouts that the teams really need to be able to execute their tasks. It almost tries to force you into more of a Scrum style."

What other advice do I have?

The most important criteria when selecting a vendor are * the support that we can get * the ease of upgrades * just having software that works. Even though it's not part of our core business, a lot of the supporting tools need to work for us. Having the right tools is important, but more important than that is actually the culture, the people, and the processes. Take a look at your culture, your people, your processes. Make sure that those are what you need them to be and then select a tool that is going to work well with those objectives in mind.
    KS
    Director Of Tool Chain Automation at American Express
    Gives us enhanced visibility, and data points to enable continuous improvement

What is our primary use case?

I have a couple of individuals on my team that help manage the utilization of CA Agile Central to make sure that we are being as mature as we possibly can for Agile practices. Performance has been good. It allows for a lot of customization, which has been very helpful, because we pull key metrics, report up to our unit CIO on certain areas.

• "It drives the conversation behind some of the pain points the teams have, based on the data that we're able to pull out of the system. As a result of that, we're able to make better decisions, to become better as a whole."
    • "More customization capabilities would be helpful. Providing a little bit more structure around how the system should be set up in terms of the hierarchy structure might be helpful as well."

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor to work with, the most important criteria are the scalability and the availability of the data to us, to be able look at in the reporting aspects. You need to have a good strategy in terms of rolling the product out, if its something that you're getting into the first time. Make sure you have a strategy surrounding how the team should use the product, what it should be used for. Some of the benefits, some of the sign posts for success, need to be set up along the way, as well.
    Manager Application Developer at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
    Brings visibility to scrum plans, captures tasks so they can be traced throughout the process

What is our primary use case?

Planning for the scrum team. It has performed excellently.

• "The visibility it brings to the plan, the ability to capture tasks, and trace them all the way through the life cycle. Providing that visibility helps both me and the team, or teams, to be able to understand where we are in the development process."
    • "The navigation within the tool sometimes is a little tricky for me. I'm sure with more use, more practice, I'll become accustomed to it, but some of the things just aren't intuitive."

What other advice do I have?

For me, the most important criterion when selecting a vendor is finding a partner, versus just a vendor who's going to deliver a piece of software and wait for the money to come in. Don't think just about the tool, but think about the entire lifecycle of the tool, or the lifecycle of your application development. That's very helpful.
    Project Manager
    Data visibility means I know the status of a release, though the Project Picker is not flexible enough

What is our primary use case?

We use it to track all of our work. We also manage our portfolio in it. It works. It's a bit cumbersome to manage the Project Picker. As we sunset teams or projects close out - but we still have test cases tied to those teams or projects that are being used in other spaces - we have this monstrous list in the Project Picker that becomes really difficult to manage and find, and we can't clean that up ourselves. It would be nice if it was easier to do that and not lose your history.

• "If teams are tracking correctly and entering their information correctly, it's really easy to see where you're at, within your release, and whether you're on track or not."
    • "It's a bit cumbersome to manage the Project Picker. As we sunset teams or projects close out - but we still have test cases tied to those teams or projects that are being used in other spaces - we have this monstrous list in the Project Picker that becomes really difficult to manage and find, and we can't clean that up ourselves. It would be nice if it was easier to do that and not lose your history."
    • "I would like for workspace admins to be able to hide projects in the Project Picker and not lose any historical data; make them invisible to certain users, visible to certain users, depending on permission sets. That would be lovely."
    • "I'd like the ability to customize reports without having to incur Professional Services, or having to write my own code GitHub and then implement that as a custom report. That's untenable. It's not sustainable."

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor the most important criteria are: * It's got to work. * It's got to be stable. * Cost, to be honest, is a huge factor. It's top three. It needs to be reasonable and affordable. I need to be able to make a business case and sell it to leadership, give them a reason why it's going to work better than what is currently in place. * We need reliable support. I rate it a seven out of 10. I don't rate it higher because of the things I said I needed more autonomy in being able to change. And while I have really good results and feedback from CA Support, I wish that Accounts were…
    Senior Analyst Developer at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Helps everything flow through the SDLC, breaks large projects into workable tasks

What is our primary use case?

We use it move projects through the software development lifecycle. It performs pretty well. It's nice that everybody throughout the whole process has access and is shown the relevant information to their part of the job, their part of the SDLC.

• "The most useful part is how it breaks down tasks into parents and children, manageable tasks. It has a whole project as an initiative, and then it breaks it down further and further. And then you get to actual user stories and tasks that you can sit and develop."
    • "I think the interface could be a little bit more visual and less wordy. Right now, it seems like it's just a lot of text on the page. In other ticketing systems where it's more visual, you can see more of a flow. But in this one it's more just a list of tasks. I would like to see that a little bit better, especially considering it has so many great organizational features, like child tasks, different artifacts. It would be great to see it presented more appropriately."

What other advice do I have?

The most important criterion when selecting a vendor is support. I know as a team lead for a developer team, I've personally worked with other third-party softwares that we integrate with. They've assigned people specifically to our account, which I'm sure happens at a lot of Fortune 200 companies working very big accounts. So the personalization is nice. We can have a weekly meeting with the same person, the same point of contact. If anything goes down, if we need assistance with anything, that person is available. Don't take the people out of IT. We work with computers so much it's easy to…
    Director Delivery at a hospitality company with 10,001+ employees
    Streamlines defining user stories and tracking sprints, but dependency flagging should be easier

What is our primary use case?

Most of our development teams are Agile, meaning they do development in two-week sprints. So they use Agile Central for the input of all of their user stories, all of their test cases. We just recently moved to Planview Enterprise so that we can actually start doing dependency mapping across features. But it's mainly a way for all of the individual teams to define all our user stories and keep up with the overall tracking of how they're doing, sprint by sprint.

• "It's a good platform to keep track of all the user stories across all projects. So rather than having one off Excel spreadsheets with all of the requirements, it is a good place to have all of that."
    • "The main ways that I used it when I was in it day to day was keeping up with the burn rate within the teams. Also, to track at the feature level too, as far as how we were doing with actually being able to deliver that feature."
    • "The stronger CA can get on dependency mapping the better. That's the biggest hiccup. As you're setting up your features, ​they should make it easier to flag the dependencies, either across features or across projects. Then you're more set up for success."

What other advice do I have?

There hasn't been anything surprising within Agile Central. As CA has taken in Clarity, which is now CA PPM, what I'm learning here at the CA World conference is the full breadth of everything we can do better under the CA umbrella. I don't know if there's anything particularly surprising about Agile Central. There's JIRA. They're all fairly similar. So there's nothing that wowed me there. When it comes to the most important criteria in selecting vendors, budget always plays into, but I think it's also the breadth of the solution. I think that's one of the reasons we've stuck with CA, because…
    CEO at ZAPTEST

What is our primary use case?

The entire application lifecycle from user story to the quality assurance for the testing. It has performed great. It has a great set of features which address the whole process.

• "It scales very well. It improves in technology constantly and gets up to speed with the latest and greatest."
    • "​It is very stable. It has been on the market a long time."
    • "It has allowed the quality assurance team to keep all information in sync with the application requirements and user stories for our general development."
    • "As it is right now, it does not support automation of the quality assurance process. It just supports manual testing."

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a stable ALM that supports the agile process, this is the solution to go with. Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: functionality and stability. So, for it to be a stable technology with a solid road map.
    IT Manager at DISH Network Corporation
    It allows us to work in a more dynamic fashion and track more of the development lifecycle, however it requires better scalability.

What is our primary use case?

Managing our development life cycle. In the ways in which we use it, it has been adequate.

• "With this product, searching for historical information or the evolution of the requirement, detecting conflict between projects has helped a lot."
    • "It allows us to work in a more dynamic fashion and track more of the development lifecycle."
    • "It requires better scalability for the implementation of the whole suite. We do not use it in that fashion, and visibility is sometimes a problem."

What other advice do I have?

Have a clear vision of where you want to go, and make sure the elements of the tool accommodate that vision. Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: * Cost * How well we can adapt the practices of the vendor to have some pretty clear direction on where we want to be, not necessarily how to get there. It has to be a partnership.
    Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    MSP
    Facilitates recording user stories and tracking burndown, velocity, and defects

What is our primary use case?

We use Agile Central to record all our user stories, features, and then to track down the burndown, velocity, defects.

• "Helps me determine how fast I can launch, go to production."
    • "We would like more meaningful, customizable dashboards."
    SCRUM Master at Transunion
    Capacity and release planning help me determine potential velocity for each of our teams

What is our primary use case?

As a Scrum Master, helping the product group define feature stories, and portfolio management, and helping manage the teams, their scrum backlogs, their performance, and velocity. It has performed well.

• "Gives me a dashboard where I can see what things are not being worked on, what things are blocked."
    • "It helps me evaluate teams' historical performance using velocity charts."
    • "We've actually used it for virtual PI planning. We have teams in different locations, and we actually virtually do PI planning, big-room planning, using the tools."

What other advice do I have?

When our company is looking for new products, and new vendors, the criteria is more of a consensus, or global acceptance across the board, and executive support. I'm sure price tag comes into play. I give it an eight out of 10. I tend not to give anything a 9 or a 10, because I always think there is probably room for improvement on it, not that I can't think of anything right now. It's not perfect, but it's definitely very good. I would tell colleagues looking for a similar solution that Agile Central is very easy to use, and it's easy to build dashboards. It's very intuitive. I'd recommend…
      Service Manager Build Automation at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Provides visibility across the team, how much free time, how many deliverables

What is our primary use case?

To manage our work in a common way. In terms of performance, we're just getting started on it. No issues so far.

• "Helps me plan an estimate of how soon or how far out we'll be able to deliver something."
      • "There's a lot of support for Scrum and Agile, but it needs something for the Kanban side."

What other advice do I have?

When our company is looking for a new vendor we float an RFP; there is a set of criteria, we get together, list down all the requirements that we have. Any tool that we look for we look for, we typically look at four different vendors, four different tools, and try and compare them. I would recommend CA Agile, certainly, but it all depends on what processes you have and whether it's a fit for them.
      Quality Assurance Manager at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Gives us visibility into what we're doing, but needs better user-story management

What is our primary use case?

Release planning, test case writing. It's performed plenty, I'm happy with the performance.

• "The Defect feature. In one view you can see all your defects and you can push them into the different releases."
      • "I wish there was a view, like the Kanban view, where you could see the parent, and see all the children visually, so you could drag and drop where you want it to go. Something like that might help."

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor, what's important to me is that the product be user friendly. It also has to be able to produce. My bottom line is the outcome, so I want to see that it can help deliver correctly, on time, within the budget. Also resource planning, resource management, those are the kinds of things I'll put into consideration if I'm looking for a tool to use. I think CA has been consistent in trying to improve Agile Central, but they also still have room for improvement, so I give them seven out of 10. I would tell colleagues to try Agile Central because of the features I noted above…
      Senior Developer Analyst at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
      Helps us find our user stories and allows us to see what our team members are working on

What is our primary use case?

It helps us find our users stories and allows us to see what everyone on our team is working on, and if we have any blocks. It's performed pretty well.

What other advice do I have?

When looking to select a new vendor, our criteria are * price * feature set. I give it a nine out of 10, just because of the slight downtimes, which make it hard to go in and update things. Definitely look into it, because of all of the different tools for user stories and test case management. It's been one of the best I've experienced.
      Senior Engineer Manager at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Makes it easy for us to track metrics, team velocities, what we should plan for/anticipate

What is our primary use case?

We are promoting SAFe within our organization and we have a organization that actually follows the Scaled Agile Framework. We're using Agile Central right now to track our users' portfolio items, our product features, our product backlog, our iteration status, and to track metrics. That's what we're using it for right now. It's been pretty good. We've been using it for the last two and half years. We've tried a couple other products in the past, before we moved on to Rally CA or Agile Central 2. So it has really worked out very well.

• "The metrics - collecting metrics. It's because we've used several other tools in the past, and they don't give you a full indication of how well your teams are performing, at a portfolio level, at a product level, and at the team level."
      • "In terms of improvement, perhaps some more metrics. If they could add some additional, that would be cool."

What other advice do I have?

What's most important to us when selecting a vendor are * ease of use * how intuitive it is * customer support * metrics, for us, that is really important. I give it a solid eight out of 10 because of the way that things are laid out. It's more user friendly, it's intuitive. As I said, it's easy to use. I think they've done a good job with the metrics in general. I would tell colleagues who are looking at this type of solution to do their homework and see which one works best for their company, for their teams, and for their organization. We went with Agile Central because of a lot of the…
      Senior IT Manager at a insurance company with 201-500 employees
      It has allowed us to experiment with approaches that we would have been a bit afraid to experience before

What is our primary use case?

Primary use case is agile development and Mode 2 development. It has performed really well. We have taken some teams that were non-Agile and tried to do a combined approach. This eliminated some of the heavy documentation that we were used to with waterfall. We have been able to deliver our integration between CA and HPE ALM in a period of time that is about half of where we were before.

• "It documents stories in a way where we do not have to be heavy on front-end requirements, front-end documentation, and front-end workflows."
      • "We did submit an enhancement request. I think a lot of teams that do very large scale products have the same issue. They just do not realize it would help them."

What other advice do I have?

They still feel like a small tech company. The support we have gotten and the way they have managed or accepted some of our enhancement requests. They still treat it like a small company, like Rally was before they purchased Agile Central. They still have that feel, knowing how big they are and seeing how they can act small. It is really nice. Make sure your agile processes are really well-defined before you go out into the market and look for a tool. Tools do things differently, they call things a feature in one and a subfeature in another. Make sure your processes are defined, and once you…
      PMO Manager at Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.
      It keeps our teams all in the same place in terms of where information is stored

What is our primary use case?

Software development and infrastructure.

What other advice do I have?

It has performed well so far. It has improved over the past couple of years. For any product, do a full software evaluation and make sure you actually test them side-by-side with like-for-like test cases. Then you know exactly what you are getting yourself into. Otherwise, you build out and realize it might not be the right product for you. So, a full software analysis is important. Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: Initial support is always important. It is always great when you can have a few free hours to have somebody to come in and help you understand the idiosyncrasies of…
      Director, Curriculum Development at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
      At the portfolio management level, we can see everything at one glance.

• "It's designed around Agile, so it has all of the pieces that match up with the process."
      • "I'd like to be able to color code timeboxes, so I have an easy visual way to track the success of sprints."

What other advice do I have?

It is a well thought-out solution. It's a great centerpiece for Agile methodology. It works.
      Reservations Supervisor at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      I can track each iteration of each project, and see where I'm at and where other people are at, visually.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely say it's a very good solution to have for a company, yes.
      Director Corporate Systems and Emerging Business at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      JIRA can do incident management, work configuration, and a lot of other different things. But we haven't found anything as compelling as CA Agile.
      Commercial Manager at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
      It seems reliable and we are happy with this product.

What other advice do I have?

I think that you should do some research but ultimately go for someone that addresses what you need and who is able to provide great support.
      Software Engineer at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
      It helps us to track and manage the way we work.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it. It is a very good product, very helpful in managing, and pretty good at checking things. The way we manage our projects and the way we work with it is pretty good.
      Software Engeneer at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
      In our orgaization, every team can follow what the other team is doing.

What other advice do I have?

Make it user-friendly. Probably, you can add some UI templates such as a combination of filters/functions, etc.
      Sr. Technical Analyst at a leisure / travel company with 10,001+ employees
      As an administrator, the most important tool is looking up the subscriptions of my customers to see if they had logged in recently.

What other advice do I have?

Just be open and take advantage of the videos to see if they understand what the product is and to reach out to the vendor and ask them questions. They seem very willing to help without necessarily charging. If they feel that you're a potential customer, they're happy to talk to you and give you some guidance. If you need a lot of help, then of course, then they have programs to actually send experts.
      Product Owner at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
      The BQ score lets us evaluate whether a team has understood the requirements completely or not.

What other advice do I have?

There are many tools in the market out there. I have worked both with JIRA and Microsoft TFS, so it can be seen clearly that the CA Agile Central tool is entirely developed. There is a timebox and a sprint-based UI, as well, in it; it is very easy. When I used TFS, it was very clumsy and you can't see yourself, returning to the very first point. But, here you have everything; it is very flexible, very simple and decent. You can start anywhere and can return to the very same point, again at the end. I would suggest for most of the product development companies, if they want to have tracking of…
      IT Business Systems Analyst at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
      It enables us to document our epics and features and user stories to a fine level.

What other advice do I have?

Have a good plan, an overall plan, of the goals that you're trying to achieve. For those organizations that are going into CA Agile Central or going into agile or if you're currently doing agile, then do the following. * Go through a process of learning the system or having a handful of people learn the system so that they know it well. * Get the system customized because that's one of the strong aspects of CA Agile Central. We have a couple of CA experts within our organization and they connect directly with the folks at CA and make changes from time to time within the system. * Get all of…
      QA Manager at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
      By tracking all of the user stories, I can know how much work is completed or is still pending in the backlog.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very helpful solution, especially for those who are planning to switch over to the agile environment. Although I have not evaluated any other tools, I do have experience with other tools as well, but I have never compared both of them. This is a great solution, especially in terms of the graphs and how the trend is going on. That is the one of the main features, which is helping me a lot. During a two-week sprint, if I look into it, I can exactly know where the trend is going or whether all the work is getting completed or not. Thus, it provides a good forecast as to how much of your…
      Quality Assurance Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
      The portfolio items, the quality module, and the reporting are probably my top three features.

What other advice do I have?

I have had some experience with one of the other tools out there and personally, I like this one better, so I'm a little bit biased around that aspect. If somebody were to ask me, "I'm looking between this and that ...", if I know the tool, I would have my biases towards CA Agile Central, for sure. I think it's a pretty good tool.
      Senior Analyst, Business Process Design at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
      The ability to customize and change the processes, so as to respond to changes in the organization, was helpful.

What other advice do I have?

It is important to truly understand it! In order to use it the best way that you can, you really have to understand your process, terminology and the way that CA Agile Central is meant to be used. We had a lot of issues with the terminology; for example, at what level should we be, does this count as a user story, does this count as a feature, etc. So, it is crucial to really do all that work in the beginning and to map out everything meticulously, so as to make sure that the definitions are clear. After that, setting up of the process becomes much easier; but, if there's a lot of…
      Software Developer at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
      Provides storage and accessibility to share documents and objects.

How has it helped my organization?

This product provides easy storage and accessibility to share documents and objects.

What is most valuable?

Personalization of the dashboard and its design are the most valuable features of this solution.

There were no stability issues.

Sometimes it takes a few seconds to scale, such as when changing the size of Windows.

This tool was already present before I started working here.

The setup was easy.

What other advice do I have?

It takes time to configure and clear the dashboard to make it useful.
      Technology Business Mgmt. at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Some of the valuable features are configurable portfolio management and object classification.

• "The configurable Portfolio Management and parent-child relationships."
      • "The Reporting feature can improve, especially around executive summaries and dependency mapping."

What other advice do I have?

CA Agile Central has worked very well in our ever-growing, agile-centric organization. If you’re looking to implement an agile development solution that scales extremely well and is backed by solid performance, stability, and an outstanding support team, this is the solution for you! We recently went through a rigorous analysis across ALM tools in an effort to justify the continued use of the Agile Central, in comparison to the alternative solutions. CA Agile Central was chosen hands down, as our one and only ALM development tool across our enterprise!
      Process Transformation Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
      We are using this solution for IT project management in our organization.
      Front End Manager at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
      Some of the valuable features are creating a new iteration and adding new user stories.

What other advice do I have?

Please go ahead and try it out. It is a good product.
      System Validation Engineer at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
      The dashboard and planning board are the most valuable features.

What other advice do I have?

There is a need for some training, but overall, it is easy to use this solution.
      DCDP in Indian dept at a hospitality company with 10,001+ employees
      We can filter the defects and user stories. We use the reporting features.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend that you use this product for your productivity.
      Sr. Developer at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
      The most valuable features are logging user stories, listing tasks, and tracking work in progress.
      Project Lead at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
      Provides visibility from a high-level portfolio view to individual tasks.

• "What I like the most about Agile Central is that it is the only system I need to have full control and visibility of our entire body of work plus the activities and processes required to deliver it."
      • "There are few customisation options. For instance, the workflow for story cards cannot be changed out of the box from the standard (Defined, In-Progress, Completed and Accepted)."

What other advice do I have?

The most important thing is to have very clear requirements as an organisation. That includes having all the internal processes, governance and ways of working well understood so that the selected tool can be assessed against those requirements with confidence.
      Validation Engineer at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
      The ability to see my team status and find out about roadblocks is valuable.

What other advice do I have?

Take the time to go through the Agile Central tool training videos. They are very useful and well worth your time.
      Security Analyst at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
      The Story Board helps me keep track of my stories and assigned tasks. There are things we often forget to update or change.
      SAP Consultant at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
      The Kanban view helps track user stories. The reporting tools are easy to configure and use.

What other advice do I have?

CA should keep doing what they're doing to make it better.
      Sr Tech Ops Support System Analyst at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
      The Plan/Plan and Plan/Time boxes have proven to be the most useful for me to keep track of the development progress.

What other advice do I have?

Take a course or two before you start using it, so that you understand the process. Especially if it is different from your current business practices. The courses have been well run and informative. But, take care in choosing the class; some are for more experienced users.
      Principal Scrum Master, Coach at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
      I really value the customizable dashboards, taskboards and easy filters. Enterprise backups could be improved.

What is most valuable?

I really value the customizable dashboards, taskboards and easy filters.

How has it helped my organization?

New features with Team Capacity Plan have helped our organization.

What needs improvement?

Performance is very bad especially late evening and on Fridays. Enterprise backups could be improved.

I have used it for three years.

I did not encounter any stability issues.

There were some scalability issues after integration with internal tools like TFS.

Technical support has lots of room for improvement. We do not get the support that we need for…
      Principal Analyst at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Allows us the opportunity to not need a Kanban board and physically co-locate it. We can do it online.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to make sure that you're implementing it in conjunction with agile methodology. If you implement this tool with waterfall, you will see that it's very oriented towards agile, and it's set up and structured to support agile and not set up and structured to support waterfall methodology. I think that it isn't that flexible for helping with teams to migrate to agile; it's not very flexible with customizing for my team. There are a lot of pieces of data that my team needs, and we're having to use non-ideal fields for those. I know that that's the way that it's installed in our…
      IT Project Portfolio Manager at a tech vendor with 5,001-10,000 employees
      Shows how much capacity each team member has for the next sprint. Tasks can be traded between users.

What other advice do I have?

The nirvana for all organizations is to implement end-to-end enterprise business agility. It’s a lot easier to do that when you have a tool that allows you to capture all the data you need and systemically roll that up for your enterprise portfolio reporting. CA Agile Central is a tool that enables you to do that. BUT, in order for data to be entered consistently, you really do need an enterprise coach. If you are not implementing agile at scale, I would recommend a cheaper tool that is also mobile-friendly. CA Agile Central is a tool that solves the agile-at-scale challenge, and is still user…
      Director of Digital Engagement Delivery at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
      The UI allows me to collaborate, capture decisions, and so on.

• "The most valuable features are in-line editing, easy custom view setup, intuitive and helpful visuals (e.g., contextual formatting) and the collaboration features."
      • "More importantly, we are seeing internal challenges from Atlassian because of their highly integrated suite that enables further automation and centralization of activities that are also highly necessary – messaging notifications cued off builds, collaboration on Solution Architecture Documentation, etc."

What other advice do I have?

Get training first on agile methodology. Then, consider engaging professional services to help you launch your first release, if you are completely new to agile. There is a very high benefit to bringing in experienced experts as they will greatly increase your chance of success.
      Engineering at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
      With the reports that can be generated, I can create a test case and results, and share with other members who don’t have access.
      Scrum Master at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
      I like the real-time status tracking and the ability to see vital information in one screen.
      Dealing Technology at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Provides traceability from the strategic objective to task level.

What other advice do I have?

You will only regret it if you have chosen the Rolls Royce when you could have got by with a Nissan Micra.
      Senior Software Engineer at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      The UI/UX is good with friendly navigation.

What is most valuable?

The UI/UX of the tool is good with friendly navigation.

How has it helped my organization?

We can track of our tasks and project estimations.

What needs improvement?

It’s a good tool to use. Charts and dashboards should be more interactive.

I have used Agile Central for over two years.

Stability is good.

Scalability is good.

I rate technical support 8/10.

I used to use JIRA.

Setup was easy.

QA Analyst, Business Unit at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Its Excel plugin provides real-time extraction of data. On the test case level, I cannot create a day-over-day report.

What other advice do I have?

I would consider it highly. Be sure what you want to accomplish; it’s not reporting-friendly. It is good with team burndown and sizing. Although, it’s agile-based, it’s not like HPE ALM that informs you via emails when something changes, i.e., even if you enable notifications, it’s fluky, as you get more emails than needed. CA Agile Central has a dashboard per user feature, as to when logged in that must be viewed. The key thing is process! You must know how it works and how you want to use it, before you implement it. To be honest, there is only one way to use it that I have identified above.
      Senior Technical System Analyst at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
      The most valuable features for me as a developer are Iteration Planning and Iteration Tracking

What other advice do I have?

Go for it. It’s a nice tool to use.
      Director of Project Management at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
      It is intuitive to use and is customizable.

What other advice do I have?

If you are an agile or even hybrid agile shop, this is an excellent tool. If you are a more traditional PM or waterfall model, it may not be your best option. It’s really built to support agile methodologies.
      Associate consultant at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
      It helped me keep track of the bugs that the app has and the status of each one.

What other advice do I have?

Give it some time. It is very difficult to change this kind of tool, especially when you are in the middle of a project. However, I would advise people implementing it to take their time to check all the different functionalities and think about how to use it effectively. It has everything that I need in my daily job routine.
      Product Owner - Business Analyst at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      The portfolio views and reports helped me to create, prioritize, manage and accept portfolio capabilities, features and user stories.

What other advice do I have?

Use relational database concepts to relate items together instead of continuing to use old location-based organization concepts.
      Delivery Pipeline Manager at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
      I like the manner data is entered/viewed. It provides a range of out-of-the-box reports.
      System Engineer at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
      As a requirements engineer, most valuable is user story writing/editing/reviewing with peers.

What other advice do I have?

Be very clear in agile and then “map” your knowledge into the product setup.
      System Analyst at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
      I can start at the user story level and then go upstream to create features and link those together. It could have more reporting options besides generating a chart.

What other advice do I have?

Have a score card for features that HPE ALM has. I do see some project teams uncertain when adopting Agile Central tools, as they don’t have the score card features and thus it is very hard for them to change.
      SAFe Release Train Engineer (Program Manager) at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      The Release Tracking view shows us which features each team is working on during a PI. The discussion feature should be front and center when opening any item type.

What other advice do I have?

Do not try to implement this product if you are not using agile at scale. There are simpler, more elegant and intuitive tools.
      Business Analyst-Property & Casualty Insurance at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
      Plan, Quality, and Track are valuable menu features. An error appears when updating the status of cards or defects.

What is most valuable?

Plan, Quality, Track [Iteration status, burnout charts, etc.]: All these menu features are highly valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

Highly helpful for defect tracking and maintaining story cards.

What needs improvement?

At times, when we update the status for cards or defects, it shows a message that says something like, "Someone updated the status before, which one to consider: yours or theirs?"

I have been using CA Agile Central for over 10 months.

We have had no Issues with stability.

We have had no Issues with scalability.

Technical…
      Group Product Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Video Review
      We still have an organizational hierarchy within the tool. We need to be able to report from different levels of the hierarchy.

What other advice do I have?

I was talking to someone at a recent CA conference. They don't use Agile Central yet and she asked me, "What should we do?" I told them that they should take advantage of CA’s transformation consulting group, to come in and provide that entire solution from start to finish, so they don't get stuck like we did and not having their value streams identified, not having the tool set up and the best way to make them effective. It's a partial solution. It's a big problem for us right now.
      Enterprise Agile Coach at a tech consulting company with 10,001+ employees
      Tracks progress against plans and links strategy to execution.

What other advice do I have?

Work with your CA Agile Central account manager to determine the best way to implement and configure Agile Central based on your needs. Put together a basic usage policy, training document, and training presentation for users. Limit the number of administrators to a small handful of people. Integrate Agile Central with your other SDLC tools.
      Test Automation Engineer / Qc Analyst Ssr Advanced at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
      Defect management helps us in QA with tracking. Rampup with this tool was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend using it without any doubt. I think it fits perfectly with the agile processes.
      Software Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
      Offers user story tracking and team status management. The UI can be slow to respond and difficult to navigate.

What other advice do I have?

Good estimates give the burndown chart value. If your burndown looks bad, first look at your estimates for team capacity and user story/task effort estimates, and then look at the members of your team.
      Software Engineering Manager at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
      With the portfolio management feature, we understand our capacity and visually understand all the various initiatives in-flight.

What other advice do I have?

You have to adopt agile and be true to agile. This is an agile product, too. If you don't want to plan in sprint and build teams around the agile process, then it's probably not the tool for you.
      Manager Global Tools at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      You can view the hierarchy of issues. It is not compliant with FDA regulations on electronic signatures.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure it meets your needs before rolling it out. Don’t buy it just because it is recommended as the “safe” tool.
      Agile (Jira/Confluence) Tools Specialist at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
      It can integrate with HPE Quality Center. Excel imports and the ability to modify workflows are two important improvements I would like to see.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest to do a comparison chart for your organisation's needs and look at least 5 years ahead for the functionality and budget you are looking for in a tool. Not only the tool cost is relevant but also the resources to maintain it. For a very small organisation, I could certainly recommend a SaaS solution but for an organisation with more than 500 concurrent users, a standalone solution would be more apt, in my opinion.
      Project Manager And Disaster Recovery Coordinator at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
      It has enhanced our ability to understand the work being done, especially on projects you may not be directly related to.
      Senior Member Of Technical Staff at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
      With the portfolio management feature, we were able to understand our capacity and visually understand initiatives in-flight.

What other advice do I have?

You have to adopt agile and be true to it. This is an agile solution too. If you don't want to plan in sprint and build teams around the agile process, then it's probably not the tool for you.
      IT Systems Analysis Consultant at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Tabs in user stories allow you to jump to another tab without leaving the story. Stories can be moved between different sprints and backlogs.

What other advice do I have?

I think that there is a trial period for this tool, so I would say to try it. However, some training is needed first.
      Strategic Analyst at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
      With the Kanban board, you don't need to run projects with a scrum approach.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you have adopted an agile methodology on a few small projects first and then work with IT and business colleagues to accept that methodology. We did that before we looked for a tool. That makes the purchase, acceptance, and customization of this tool much easier.
      Software QA Automation Analyst at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
      We can create and schedule detailed user stories that include attachments, assigned tasks, discussion, child stories, and revision history. The home dashboard can be very slow to load.

What other advice do I have?

Good estimates give the burndown chart its value. If your burndown looks bad, first look at your estimates for team capacity and user story/task effort estimates. Then look at the members of your team.
      Consultant at a recruiting/HR firm with 10,001+ employees
      Tracks progress and activities, and facilitates interaction.

What is most valuable?

The valuable features are: Tracking progress and other parameters. Allowing a better overall picture of activities. Facilitating the interaction between team members and teams.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution now offers visibility on each activity and its status.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see team masters have an easier way of managing the tasks/stories for their team members when creating default tasks in advance.

We have been using this solution for a year and a half.

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

We did not encounter any issues with…
      Senior QA Analyst at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
      CA Agile Central works ALMOST how you would expect it to.

What other advice do I have?

Choose a different product for your test case needs, and explore other options of managing of your agile processes, such as TFS.
      Systems Annalyst Two at a insurance company with 501-1,000 employees
      It is flexible enough to use for anything within the development lifecycle. Making some features more obvious would make them more useful.

What other advice do I have?

Have a strong plan and clear requirements in advance for what you want to get out of the tool. You need to have strong leadership on the design: how you're going to use it, how you're going to set it up, what you expect out of it, what you might be integrated with, what you're angle is with the tool. If you just keep buying tools, you're not going to use them in the end; and it's just going to be a waste of money and a headache for people down the line using it. The most important criteria when selecting a vendor depends on which group gets to select the vendor, unfortunately. Price is always…
      Software Release Manager at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
      The reporting is valuable to us for controlling releases and milestones.

What other advice do I have?

Our top reason for selecting an agile platform was needing to ship as fast as possible. Waterfall is good for new products coming out, but we have a lot of long-standing applications that have been out on the market for awhile. Getting releases together and shipping them as fast as possible is what we needed. It was kind of a no-brainer for us. I would say our agile maturity is intermediate. We're still learning. There's so much you can do. Like I said, we are even coming out with new products, so we have to use waterfall sometimes; but we're still learning about it. We're trying to integrate…
      Senior Project Manager at a aerospace/defense firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
      We are able to communicate without everybody having to be in the same room.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise potential users to get in touch with CA and have a representative sit down and show them the tool and how they can use it.
      Software Engineer at a engineering company with 10,001+ employees
      Helps to justify our release date based on the defects we have. The API could be improved.

What is most valuable?

We're using CA Agile Central to track project development status, including the whole process, starting from the initial plan, followed by testing, development, and bug tracking.

How has it helped my organization?

From my personal viewpoint, it helps make sure everything is on track. I'd say our agile maturity is mid-level.

I think scalability is good.

I think initial setup was straightforward. The documentation was very clear.
      Associate Project Manager at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Transparency into work by teams enables identifying differences and aligning our processes.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that they need to understand their environment and what they need. Then look for that in the tools that are provided. CA Agile Central was very flexible. You can configure it without customizing it. That was one of the things we really liked.
      IT Manager at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      The burn up and burn down chart helps me show the progress of my team to the business.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it but make sure you learn the tool and understand it. Hopefully, you have a product expert. I would like the milestone features to be more seamless and user-friendly.
      Enterprise / Team Agile Coach at RBC
      The Portfolio allows us to drive our requirements along with planning at an enterprise level. Kanban features need to mature.

What other advice do I have?

The tool is amazing. If you want organized, overall delivery at the enterprise level, this tool allows you to do it for sure.
      Director, Program Management at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
      From a backend environment standpoint, it can scale for the whole business.

What other advice do I have?

I think you have to think through how you're going to organize, especially if you have a large company. We've struggled with the structure of our teams and the way they're set up. So that's something you need to consider. And I don't know if they've done a great job of it. They actually call teams “projects”, which is a bit of a naming issue. You definitely need to have some foresight when you set it up in terms of how that's going to work. You also need to think about how you're going to do workspaces, because there's no functionality there to change it once it's set up. You've got to get…
      Sea System En at Hauwei
      It's easy to use, it integrates with our other solutions, and it scales well.
      Safe Agilist Scrum Master at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Data extraction provides metrics with an accurate picture of team progress and time-to-release changes.

What other advice do I have?

I fully support CA Agile Central as a product. I would guess that I also support their scaled agile framework Implementation of it, if you go in with your eyes open and have honest discussions with the CA Agile Central implementers. We do technical support and even more than that. We do what I call operational monitoring. We have an operations team on one of our products; on the other product, we don't. We're the operations team. We actually just instituted a new process that we're implementing. We go out and check each of our environments every day. We are always deploying to QA, and always…
      Senior Agilest at SolutionsATI Consulting
      With big room planning, we can get it all laid out, understand what the dependencies are, where the interlocks sit, and which sprints can be optimized.

What other advice do I have?

When making a decision to switch products, I consult others on tool choice based on the number of departments they have. I went in as the Agile coach to Cisco and recommended that they move to this solution. One team I was working with used JIRA. It's an option that Cisco allows some of their departments to use. I got them out of JIRA into Rally, mainly because JIRA is older technology, and it's too lightweight for a major corporation such as Cisco. This tool allows you to talk to the rest of Cisco. If you've got one group running one solution and you've got another group running another…
      Information Technology Program Manager at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Gives us a lot of visibility as to what features are getting released and when.

What other advice do I have?

You need to clearly know what you want or how you want to implement and use the product. Once you have clarity then you can figure out how you want to setup the solution and go from there. For us, the user interface was the most important criteria while choosing a vendor. We found it to be more intuitive than the others. We also felt that it can probably scale up to the needs of what we have within the organization, in terms of integrating with the rest of the ecosystem.
      Application Developer at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
      Flexible way to document Agile requirements. Collaborative approach to log, store, and track projects.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely tell them to make sure that they plan out what it is that they're trying to accomplish with the tool. Making sure that they get a good structure set up, and if they are trying to manage multiple teams, try to establish early on what those teams will look like in terms of size and what they will be doing. One of the pain points that we see in having so many teams, is that every team has its own slightly different thing that they're doing in it. This is great from a tool perspective that it is supported, but from a metrics and reporting point of view, that makes things…
      Lean Agile Coach with SPC4 at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Everything is in one place, correlated and related in the right way and at the right level.

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor, the ability to integrate with other internal tools is first. I also look at the stability of the brand and extensibility in being able to extend out. Of course, meeting our minimum needs is a given, such as being able to track and report on data. I want to know how robust those items are. I think most products provide those types of functions, it's just how robust they are and how high a grade they have in terms of being able to deliver that functionality. That is what differentiates vendors. My advice to others is to start right away. Learn as much as you can. The…
      Architecture Managment at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
      Controlling requirements through the change request lifecycle is valuable.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that everybody in the company and team know the importance of the change.
      Manager of Applications and Development at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Forces us to plan our work and enables us to get software builds to our customers more efficiently.
      Staff Program Manager at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
      We can link user stories and tasks to features and initiatives. It should integrate more seamlessly with other tools we use.

What other advice do I have?

In a vendor, we look for good support by people that have a lot of product knowledge. We don’t want to have to wait a long time before new features and customer feedback are integrated into the next release.
      Agile Coach at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Provides transparency through backlogs. We have to use another tool for live updates.

What other advice do I have?

Start small.
      Project Manager at Syntel
      MSP
      We use the dashboards to allocate and track team workload.

What other advice do I have?

Agile Central allows us to more effectively plan our sprints. As a sprint progresses, we learn more about what works and what doesn’t. We can then apply that learning directly into the next sprint. When we have perfected our system, we will be able to create things like burn down charts so we can colorize what happened and analyze more clearly our process with little manual analysis necessary. One of our major criteria for a vendor is whether the product will help us be more productive. We want to know their track record. The market is marching towards CDCA. If we have parts of features…
      Senior Software Engineer at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      The Attrition view shows current tasks and user stories for the current trend. Some dashboards, views and the reporting features could be better.

What other advice do I have?

Don't be afraid to change things. It's something that I try to follow, so that's something I would give that advise to others as well. People will not like new views and changes initially, but once they get used to it, they will like it. It's similar to what Facebook does. They make very subtle changes and they force it on you and initially, you don’t like the changes. But, then once you use it for a few days you find that it works out. Most important to me when choosing a vendor is good technical support and customer service. This is very helpful when learning a new tool. If I have questions…
      Senior Associate QA L2 at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Effective user story, test case, and defect management.

What other advice do I have?

I would say a thumbs up to the solution. It's pretty good and you should leverage it and try to use it. CA Agile Central gives you flexibility performing custom quoting on top of the solution. This makes it interesting and you can achieve many things with this tool.
      Agile Coach at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
      The information can be viewed and customized easily. The defect-management cycle needs work so that the functionality is all the way through.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to use it. As with any tool it has advantages and disadvantages.
      Team Lead at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      It supports the SAFe toolkit so that you can create artifacts and define a whole bunch of teams. I'd like to see more maturity around Kanban metrics.

What other advice do I have?

Sign up for the demo and play around with it, as painful as it is to try to maintain both tools at the same time. If you have a tool and you want to try a different tool, you almost have to actually use it. You can play around with it, you can look at the demos, and you can look at the documentation, but until you actually use it, you're not going to see where maybe the pain points are.
      Associate Portfolio Manager at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Everyone is more aligned and has a better understanding of all of the work that is happening, not just pieces of it.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you understand your processes and just know that it's not the tool. It's more about the process and how you work with it right. I know we did our last upgrade with Clarity and we didn't have our processes all the way defined. We started implementing things in the tool only to find they broke later, so we didn't have that process defined. Make sure you understand what you need before you start.
      Software Engineer II with 1,001-5,000 employees
      We're able to track all the users' codices, track all the features, track the capacity so that we could plan, and find out as a team what the capacity is to deliver in a two-week sprint.

What other advice do I have?

I would say Rally is the way to go.
      Senior IT Project Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
      It helps us track our development life cycle for our development teams. The reporting functionalities need improvement.

What other advice do I have?

I think it's a great tracking tool. There are similar tools out there, but for us it's convenient, it's intuitive.
      Principal Software Architect at a aerospace/defense firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
      It integrates with Rally so we don't have to use and maintain our infrastructure, but while it's stable and doesn't crash, at times the performance is slow.

What other advice do I have?

If you tell me you are using VersionOne, you would get more for your money with similar costs from CA Agile Management. So more value, that’s number one because being with a bigger company means you get more value with the community. If you are not using any tool, then you should start using a tool, and this is a good start.