Alteryx Review

Stable, scalable, and offers excellent drag and drop features

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for ETL purposes and also for a lot of our modeling and scheduling.

What is most valuable?

The solution has excellent drag and drop functionality. There's no need for coding. There are nodes ready for us to use as well. It makes everything extremely easy. The user-friendliness is a big draw for us.

What needs improvement?

The solution just lacks in terms of data visualization. That is why we use Tableau and Qlik in our organization. They help to pick up the slack. If data visualization was added, Alteryx would be a very good tool, and much more complete.

The solution could maybe use a connector as a direct input for MySQL or something like that. Right now, we use ODBC connectors for MySQL. If a direct connector was available on this product that would be very helpful, especially for our organization.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The stability of the solution is good. We don't have issues with the product crashing and we don't find there are bugs and glitches that affect its quality. It's reliable.

The scalability is very smooth. If a company needs to expand the service, they should be able to do so easily.

The technical support is great.

There's a very good community that surrounds the solution. However, you can also reach out to Alteryx directly as well. They're just a call away if you need them. I would say our organization is satisfied with the level of service they provide.

The pricing of the solution is a bit on the expensive side. We use an Alteryx Server and Designer as well. The server itself is a bit pricey.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

Our organization is dealing with large amounts of data, yet we do not have the money to buy a Microsoft product like SQL. Alteryx is a pretty good alternative to handle the ETL part of the workload.

We've been largely satisfied with the solution.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten overall. We've been happy with the results that have been provided to us so far. If the solution offered a connector as a direct input for MySQL, or better data visualization, I'd rate it higher.

Private Cloud