Alteryx Overview

Alteryx is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Predictive Analytics tools. It is most often compared to KNIME: Alteryx vs KNIME

What is Alteryx?

Alteryx is a self-service data analytics solution, that provides a platform that can prep, blend, and analyze all of your data, then deploy and share analytics in hours. It can automate time-consuming and manual data tasks while performing predictive, statistical, and spatial analytics in the same workflow. It uses a drag and drop tool with an intuitive user interface with no coding and programming required. Alteryx licenses are subscription-based and include all product updates and support to their customers.

Alteryx Buyer's Guide

Download the Alteryx Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Alteryx Customers

AnalyticsIq Inc., belk, BloominBrands Inc., Cardinalhealth, Cineplex, Dairy Queen

Alteryx Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Alteryx pricing:
  • "The pricing is $5000 per year per production license."
  • "We have a yearly cost that we pay for the licensing. We do not pay any costs in addition to the licensing fees."
  • "Opt for the three year subscription. It is 20% less than the yearly one."
  • "ROI is huge. There are some secondary benefits, like analysts getting their post 5 PM time back or the ability to shorten all closing processes to a half or less."
  • "It is $4,000 a year, so it is cheap versus other solutions. It also accomplishes three times the volume on the job in the same time (as the other solutions).​"
  • "In order to have designers, and, if you want to collaborate, you have to buy a server. If the designer is $5,000, and if you want a server, you have to pay $80,000."

AmitJain
Deputy Manager at Keppel
Does a good job of end-to-end integration as well as accessing data from multiple sources or email modes

What is our primary use case?

I am using the product for making machine learning models for particular uses that we have to focus on analytics.

• "This is a drag-and-drop tool which is easy-to-use and yet can be customized by creating your own components."
  • "The GUI interface functions but it could stand to be updated to a more modern look and feel."

What other advice do I have?

I have a really good impression of Alteryx at this point in time. So I would suggest to people who are considering this type of solution to go ahead and try it. If you are looking for a self-service data analytics tool, Alteryx is a good solution. It does a good job of end-to-end integration as well as accessing data from multiple sources or email modes. Then you can push data out to Tableau and Power BI or tools like that if you need other capabilities. So, 'go ahead and try it' would be my recommendation. On a scale from one to ten where ten is the best and one it the worst, I would rate…
Theresa McLaughlin
Senior Capacity Planner at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Efficient, with great automation capabilities but technical support is not as good as it once was

What is our primary use case?

We were analyzing data trying to find anomalies with the servers and things that were going wrong. Normally in what we do, it can be a very manual process looking for that kind of stuff. Therefore, using this product, I created a workflow that went out and looked across all devices for problems that are happening, and managed to cut down the number of issues that were being created daily.

• "Automation is the most valuable aspect for us. The ability to wrap business logic around the data is very helpful."
  • "What they're struggling with is it's not as mature as Tableau in the user management area. It was tougher to manage the server part of it right away, especially since the user base has grown."

What other advice do I have?

We are just customers and end-users. I would advise other companies considering the solution that the training is important. They've been great working with us on free training for this, that, and the other. The company really does provide a lot of those resources. The community is very good. The knowledge base that's out there in the community is great. A company should just tap into that and any free training they can. It takes a little bit of time to get proficient at it, however, the payoff is there. Overall, I would rate it at a seven out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about Alteryx. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AS
Technology Sales & Cybersecurity Professional at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
MSP
End-users can complete analysis projects without knowing the code but there should be both cloud and on-premises options

What is our primary use case?

The team uses Alteryx for many things because they code various algorithms to create different dashboards. These are used as solutions for various things from sales to customer experience to whatever else the customer needs. So there are many areas where the team is using the product. There is not one, but as of now, there are some 30 different use cases that we have.

• "The ease-of-use allows non-technical business users to directly create their own solutions without the use of additional development resources."
  • "There is currently no cloud solution and this would be valuable for many clients."

What other advice do I have?

Advice that I would give to people considering Alteryx as a solution depends on the real needs from business to business and in accord with what use cases they have. I think Alteryx definitely takes away the potential problem of having to have a lot of technical expertise. Any business user can use Alteryx to develop their business case and use the program's options much quicker without having the technical knowledge and programming know-how. It really depends on the skills and resources of the individuals in the company. They should use Alteryx if they want users to be able to walk through…
Alberto Guisande
Director at Decision Science
Speeds up the time to obtain business answers/insights on data

What is our primary use case?

* Data acquisition, accessing all types of data services no matter the format, vendor or platform, I can connect, read and process the data. * Data blending and descriptive, creating consolidated data sets, such as joins, unions, summarize, and all basic and advanced data manipulation tasks. * Advanced analytics, like predictive and prescriptive analysis, which are very good tools. * Preparation It involves reading multiple data sources, in different formats, reshaping and blending them together to answer business questions. We generate models for predictions and optimization.

• "Shortens the time required to start analyzing data and looking for insights, minimizing the tasks that do not add value to the business and maximizing the analysis phase."
  • "Alteryx speeds up the time to obtain business answers/insights on data."
  • "It is one of the most complete and great customer service that I experienced with a software company/ecosystem."
  • "Even when it already includes some AI models, this area could be improved."
  • "It would be great to create the final users' visualization within Alteryx."

What other advice do I have?

Download the trial and test it. You will be amazed. It is the complete package for people who work with data. Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: * Provide a good product. * Have good support. * Needs a clear vision of the future with a very solid roadmap.
JaimeDiaz
Master Data Senior Business Process Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Scales well with connection feature and good stability

What is our primary use case?

The solution allows us to create some reports that my organization uses, that my team uses. We also move some data from one particular legacy ERP into a shared SQL server to mix information from defense applications into one repository for analytic purposes.

• "Technical support is very helpful."
  • "The screen when you are looking into your workflows and your ETL processes needs to be improved. You cannot manage it very well."

What other advice do I have?

We don't use all the functionalities due to the restrictions we have inside our network. So far, what we use is enough. We can't extend to use all the functions and all the capabilities the tools have. However, that is because of the unique internal restrictions we have. We use the solution just as a reporting tool and consolidate information from different systems to create analytics, however, I know that Alteryx has far more extended capabilities than we have explored. We use it as a personal user tool. We don't use it as a company strategy to move databases from one side to another side and…
RP
Director at a non-tech company with 11-50 employees
Stable and very fast with good scalability options

What is our primary use case?

Our clients buy the product license and then ask us to configure and set it up for them. We also provide training on product use and act as troubleshooters if customers have problems. The company has a 15-member team that provides training and consulting on multiple technologies. We have clients who are from tax, audit, and automation. They also use Automation Anywhere and Robotic Process Automation Application. There are three primary use cases for this product. Firstly, we have a case study that involved lot of buy and sell transactions in Dubai (real estate). We wanted to create a model… more »

• "The product is very stable and super fast, five-star. It's significantly more stable than it's nearest competitor."
  • "The only area where the product lags is documentation and videos on the analytical app and the batch macro."

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest that the decision to purchase the product should be based on a company's level of deployment. If it's for a process for a pharma company, which is a smaller enterprise. then I recommend starting with KNIME. As the data gets bigger, switch to Alteryx. I think they should have a student version just like Tableau does. Not all the tools, but the basic top 10 or 15 tools. The reason I suggest this is because there's a huge need for Alteryx users, but because of its 14-day trial period, a lot of students cannot get a handle on it so a scaled-down light version would be good. I would…
VH
Solutions Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A complete solution with very good user experience and a nice user interface

What is our primary use case?

We're using the solution primarily to clean up some of our customer CRM data and to integrate it with some of our Salesforce requirements.

• "The solution has a very strong community that is involved in the product. It helps make the usage easier and helps us find answers to our questions."
  • "There's a big jump in terms of pricing between license tiers. I'm not sure I understand why the price jumps are so high."

What other advice do I have?

We're simply users of the solution. We don't have a professional relationship with Alteryx. We're currently using the designer license, however, I'm not sure of the exact version I'm currently on right now. I believe it is the latest version. There's a 14-day free trial for those organizations that would like to try the solution before they commit to anything. I would recommend the solution, 100%. It basically has everything we need. While we don't have all the features on offer in our particular license, it does have everything we need, and if our needs change, we can always move up to the…
WM
Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Review about Alteryx

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for data preparation, data cleansing, and, in some cases, predictive analytics. That said, the major use is in the preparation of data.

• "The support is very good."
  • "The principal problem is the pricing. They're expensive products."

What other advice do I have?

We are Alteryx partners. I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. It's a very good product, however, the pricing makes it quite expensive. In comparison, I love Dataiku. I've seen it's a very, very good product and we are working hard to start offering this product to all our customers. They have an option for companies to from medium-size to large-size. However, they don't have options for small customers. That said, you can start from, for example, an investment in $30,000 and up. You can go progressively investing in the product. That's not the case for Alteryx.
See 19 more Alteryx Reviews