Alteryx Review

Scalable, reliable, and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

I have multiple clients that are using this solution and the use cases can be very specific to the domain they are coming from.

I am an Alteryx designer and I have been trying to fine-tune the operations. Most recently I have been getting more involved with predictive analytics. I am transitioning from the ETL to an advanced analytics platform and then doing the seamless integration with the BI tools. These are the areas I have been exploring and currently, I am only working on use cases that are very specific to this area.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve in the visualization. There is a reporting palette available, but I do not think organizations would rely just on that one pallet. We need a BI tool for larger implementation reporting. The visualization cannot just be the basic visualization but immediate reporting.

When comparing this solutions' BI tool to major competitors, such as Tableau and Power BI, the competitors both massively use visualization and dashboarding whereas this solution does not. However, this solution is much further ahead in other areas, for example, deployment. When it comes to just the visualization it not fair to compare these solutions.

I have been using the solution within the last 12 months.

The solution has been stable.

What I know of the solution it can scale very well.

I have not used support very much in the past. However, during the one or two cases when we had to use the support, we received a solution from them promptly.

The installation is fairly simple and straightforward. We had no issues with the implementation.

Previously I have used consultants for the implementation but I can now do it myself.

There is a license required for this solution.

I have previously evaluated Tableau and Power BI.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Alteryx an eight out of ten.

Latest version
More Alteryx reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with KNIME
Learn what your peers think about Alteryx. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.