Alteryx Review

End-users can complete analysis projects without knowing the code but there should be both cloud and on-premises options

What is our primary use case?

The team uses Alteryx for many things because they code various algorithms to create different dashboards. These are used as solutions for various things from sales to customer experience to whatever else the customer needs. So there are many areas where the team is using the product. There is not one, but as of now, there are some 30 different use cases that we have.

How has it helped my organization?

The ease-of-use has allowed our business users to directly create their own solutions without the use of additional development resources.

What is most valuable?

I think the most valuable feature is the ease of use for my business scientists. They do not need to be experts in R and Python coding, and they can do their complete analysis projects without knowing the code. I think that one of the biggest reasons we are depending on Alteryx.

What needs improvement?

I'm sure there is always development happening with the product, but I think there should be both cloud and on-premises options. We have not seen a cloud deployment and have not heard they will be making one available. I think if there is the cloud deployment available, it would definitely be more convenient for some users to engage with and use while lowering the implementation costs.

Cloud deployment would be easier for us and our clients because a lot of services that we push to the clients are through the cloud only. It is expensive to buy additional licensing, and it is time and resource consuming to install onto our own hardware — which itself requires maintenance and administrative attention. On-premises can raise the cost of deployment over just using a cloud enrollment option.

We are one of the main solution providers in the region and we have been using this solution for almost two years.

The solution is stable. We experience no bugs, glitches or crashes.

We can scale usage of the product as much as we want and we do that depending on the instructions that we have from the client. It is quite scalable in that regard.

We have more than 50 users who are using this solution within our company. They are a mix of data scientists, administration and business users as well.

Alteryx is used quite extensively in our organization and we are planning to increase the usage in the short term.

We are sometimes in touch with Alteryx technical support. If I had to evaluate them, the waiting times are not long, the response, in general, is pretty good. So we are satisfied with their support work.

I would say the initial setup is straightforward. It takes the technical team just a few days to deploy this solution. It is deployed in days, not months or weeks.

In terms of deployment, you only really need one person to complete it and that is good enough. You might use two technicians depending on the skill set, the scale of the deployment and the business areas the client focuses on. The maintenance is pretty cheap. The same people that do the deployment manage it for us.

We do not use an integrator, seller or consultant for the deployment as our team has training and they do these things.

We have a yearly cost that we pay for the licensing. We do not pay any costs in addition to the licensing fees. The technical support is included as part of the fees that we pay.

Before we choose Alteryx, we did weigh other options from different vendors. In fact, we still use other technologies. We cannot properly service client needs by just using Alteryx as the only solution we offer. Because client needs differ, we are using other products that we evaluated and determined were also serviceable technologies to deliver for client use.

What other advice do I have?

Advice that I would give to people considering Alteryx as a solution depends on the real needs from business to business and in accord with what use cases they have. I think Alteryx definitely takes away the potential problem of having to have a lot of technical expertise. Any business user can use Alteryx to develop their business case and use the program's options much quicker without having the technical knowledge and programming know-how. It really depends on the skills and resources of the individuals in the company. They should use Alteryx if they want users to be able to walk through the process and deploy their own use cases without having a deeper technical knowledge and skills that other products may require.

What we have learned from using the product is that it is definitely a great advantage for the business users to not need to have great technical skills and programming knowledge to complete their analysis. The business users can build their own analytical use case, visualize what they want to do more easily and quickly, and revise it without any dependencies on other staff and additional communications.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product as a seven-out-of-ten.

More Alteryx reviews from users