Apache JMeter Review
JMeter helps me in measuring performance of my product very effectively

Valuable Features

I think CSV data config, regular expressions extractor, reporting and distribution testing are the strengths of JMeter.

Improvements to My Organization

It makes life easier by simulating production scenario to check the performance under heavy load. We are able to find out the bottleneck in our system with the results.

Room for Improvement

Better way to handle dynamic elements, to handle session id, browser cookie and cache manager.

Use of Solution

I have used JMeter for around 6-8 months.

No, distributed testing was helpful for scaling the users in JMeter.

Customer Service: 3 out of 5Technical Support: 3 out of 5

I never used any performance tool before.

Yes, the initial setup IS easy after following the blogs or Apache JMeter page.

2 Comments

Dmitri T.Real UserTOP 20

Re: Room For Improvement. JMeter provides a number of Post Processors like XPath or CSS/JQuery extractor which can help in dealing with dynamic elements. HTTP Cookie and Cache managers are also quite powerful. Besides, JMeter can be extended by scripting in variety of languages. See http://blazemeter.com/blog/queen-jmeters-built-componentshow-use-beanshell for examples of precise control, calls to underlying JMeter API, etc.

07 May 14
it_user254718Vendor

I have started using JMeter recently, I am confused with the sampler number, I ran a simple Login test of 50 threads for 10 min, I see sampler numbers around 3000. Does that mean 3000 users are doing logins or 50 threads have done 3000 requests so far?

14 June 15