Apache JMeter Competitors and Alternatives
Read reviews of Apache JMeter competitors and alternatives
Director - DevOps and Infrastructure at INTIGRAL
Helps to cater to on-demand capacity and load and is easy to use
What is our primary use case?Our primary use case is to do performance testing and load testing to determine which applications we release on the market to end-users. Before they go to the production environment, we perform a couple of tests to determine the threshold or maximum capacity our backend can handle. So we look at the capacity of our infrastructure and see if our backend can expand, how much it expands, where it goes, how it scales and if it impacts the response time. We can test all these features using Akamai CloudTest.
Pros and Cons
- "The level of support is quite good and the integration is also very flexible."
- "Akamai cloud test integration into our current CI/CD pipelines (i.e.) identify and resolve the issues during the sprint phase which helps in delivering an absolute product and reduces time to market/release."
What other advice do I have?It all depends on what you're looking for, but this solution is exactly what we need for performance testing and load testing of this. We never have to panic during campaigns, because I usually don't know what's going to be the response. Thanks to the testing that can be done beforehand, I know what to expect from other vendors. This is the response time I expect from them. My rating for Akamai CloudTest is, therefore, nine out of ten.
Lead Test Engineering at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Jan 13, 2020
Supports live monitoring and has powerful analytics features
What is our primary use case?I am primarily using LoadRunner to perform tests on HTTP and HTTPS.
Pros and Cons
- "I think that analytics is very good and that the analytics features are very powerful."
- "I would like to have better support for adding more users per load generator."
What other advice do I have?This is a very mature tool that is always improving and has very good support as well. More or less, they're always trying to revolve their limitations. In order to use LoadRunner, you need specific skills. In order to use tools of this type then you need performance engineering skills. My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is first to be clear about your use case and what you are trying to do. Develop and follow up on your own performance-testing strategy before implementing LoadRunner. That said, I highly recommend this product. I would rate this solution an eight out of…
Software Engineer at Birlasoft IndiaLtd.
Jul 26, 2020
Facilitates load testing, operational volume testing, and spike testing for the APIs
What is our primary use case?I'm a test lead person so we have multiple teams who work under me and they use WebView API, other members use LoadRunner, and some members just use other automation techniques. They use Selenium and Java automation.
Pros and Cons
- "It stores good reports, as in, improved reports if compared with the SoapUI. It also has in-built security. You just need to switch and check the security testing. My team has never used it, but I know ReadyAPI provides those facilities as well."
- "This is an area for improvement with the tool. We unnecessarily use JMeter for some website testing, which we would like to avoid by introducing this tool for API and load testing because it provides load testing features."
What other advice do I have?I would rate it a nine out of ten. It is a very good product. It's a very good and handy product. There are so many features. It's getting more popular day by day. In the next release, they should include website testing, especially load testing. I don't think it supports it right now. I'm comparing it with JMeter. JMeter also supports load testing themselves. If I'm paying the price for using the software, it would be better if I could use those features where I can discard the open-source ones.
Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Real UserTop 5
Jul 14, 2020
Easy to maintain and the Java support is good, but the performance needs to be improved
Pros and Cons
- "The most valuable feature is the support for Java, where we can quickly code what we need."
- "The performance of the tool needs to improve."
What other advice do I have?All of the features in this product are good. My advice for anybody who is considering Tricentis Flood is that it is good for end-customer facing applications. However, it is purely result-oriented, as opposed to reporting-oriented. It is good from a user's standpoint, but not fro ma senior management perspective. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Performance Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
User-friendly, good reporting, and integrates well with other solutions