Apache JMeter Review

Good reporting, but it should be more user-friendly, support Ruby, and support dynamic throughput

What is our primary use case?

We are writing scripts using various tools in multiple environments. We have tests set up where you have to pass the credentials in to get a session ID, and it sets and checks the cookies. Then, we check the response values and pass them on to the next function.

We have this solution integrated with Jenkins and we also use it for database performance testing.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the integration with Jenkins and the reporting.

JMeter allows us to automate performance testing and raise diagnostic functions.

What needs improvement?

This solution should support the Ruby programming language for scripting.

JMeter should support dynamic throughput so that we can reduce or increase it during the execution of the scripts.

For performance testing, we would like to be able to select different bandwidths such as 3G or 4G.

The interface could be made more user-friendly.

I have been working with Apache JMeter for the past three months.

We have not had any problems with stability.

So far, I haven't had any issues with scalability when performance testing.

We have not yet been in contact with technical support.

I have also started working with BlazeMeter. One of the differences is that the automation is not possible in BlazeMeter. However, BlazeMeters allows for the selection of different bandwidths, it takes less time to write tests, and it is more user-friendly.

The initial setup is straightforward. We have not yet completed our full deployment with all of the tests.

Our internal team was responsible for the implementation.

We are currently comparing the differences between Apache JMeter and BlazeMeter.

What other advice do I have?

JMeter is a good solution but it requires writing manual scripts and takes longer than BlazeMeter. It takes longer to cover the same number of use cases and is not as user-friendly.

I would rate this solution a four out of ten.

More Apache JMeter reviews from users
...who compared it with Neotys NeoLoad
Learn what your peers think about Apache JMeter. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,748 professionals have used our research since 2012.