Apache Web Server Review

Easy to use and quick to deploy with good security

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for deployment. We use it for our internet banking portal.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable. It comes with good flexibility as well.

We've found the product to be scalable.

It's a solution that's fairly easy to use.

The solution offers good security.

The product has good compatibility with other solutions.

What needs improvement?

I haven't really gone in deep in utilizing the full functionality of the product just yet. We just use it enough to run our application. There's probably a lot on the solution we haven't even tried.

It's good enough to run and deploy our application. Therefore, I can't really speak to anything that is lacking.

Things change very fast. We're always on the lookout for better approaches and tools. If the solution falls behind, we may have to switch.

Nowadays, the user actually requests to do their own maintenance instead of relying on the vendor. We're looking for something that's easy to understand for the user so that they can do their own maintenance.

I've been using the solution for about four or five years at this point. It's been a while.

The solution is extremely stable. We haven't had any issues with bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. It's been reliable.

The solution can scale if you need it to.

In our case, normally we don't do a lot of processing on the webserver. It's pretty lightweight usage.

We do pa=lan to continue to use the solution going forward.

We rarely need technical support. We might need more support when it comes to the database, however, for the web server, it's pretty problem-free. We're satisfied with the support. That said, we rarely use it.

The initial setup is not complex at all. We were able to very easily set up and deploy the solution. It was straightforward.

The deployment is very fast. Everything is smooth. The setting firewall, everything, is quick and then it just takes one or two hours to install it.

Since the setup is pretty easy, you only really need two people to deploy it.

We handled the initial setup ourselves, in-house. It's relatively simple to set up, and therefore we didn't need the assistance of any integrators or consultants.

Normally we need a team to make sure the firewall is set up properly. Installation cannot work if the firewall is not available.

We pay for the solution yearly. I cannot speak to the exact amount the organization pays as the licensing part of the solution isn't something I deal with directly.

We've tried a few different solutions. At the very beginning, we're using Tomcat Apache. After that, we switched to AWS, After AWS, we moved to this product and we've been with it ever since.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We are an end-user of Apache.

We haven't done any recent upgrades and therefore aren't likely using the latest version of the solution currently.

So far we are still exploring to see what are the best or the more cost-effective tools for us to integrate as there are so many properties we need to integrate with different protocols. So, we are still exploring, looking for the best approach.

I'd recommend the solution.

Overall, I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. We've been mostly happy with that product so far.

More Apache Web Server reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with NGINX Plus
Find out what your peers are saying about Apache, Zend, Microsoft and others in Application Infrastructure. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.