Apache Web Server Review

Can be done in a cluster configuration and is very scalable

What is our primary use case?

I have used it for PHP web servers and also as a proxy for Java application servers. I have used the Apache model for the Java infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

Its community is its most valuable feature. Solving problems is easier on Apache because so many people know this product. It's the most iconic, used web server in the world that I know.

What needs improvement?

The improvement can be done in the versions. Even though there are newer, stabler versions available, if you are installing from a data center, you have to install the older version. Then, installing the newer version is uncomfortable as it has to be done manually.

A monitoring interface would be great for this product. The monitoring dashboards for Apache's models are not included in the basic installation. You can install the basic monitoring model, then connect this model to another monitoring system.

Five years.

It is stable.

With Apache, you can't update the system. There is a big gap between models. I don't like this.

You can do it in a cluster configuration, and it is very scalable.

We have 5,000 users.

I have not used the technical support.

I have used a number of servers. Previously, I used NGINX. I switched to Apache because it has model and is more flexible.

The initial setup is easy.

It took 15 minutes to deploy.

I deployed the solution myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution to others.

I would rate this solution as a nine (out of 10).

2.2 and 2.4
More Apache Web Server reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with NGINX Plus
Find out what your peers are saying about Apache, Zend, Microsoft and others in Application Infrastructure. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.