Arcsight Logger Review

The most valuable features for us are the out-of-the-box device support capability and multi-tenancy maturity compared to other SIEM OEMs.

Valuable Features

Improvements to My Organization

For example, it has helped us and the organization with a maturity level in the SIEM market to reach greater heights and compete with other organizations. We have an edge in the market with this product.

Room for Improvement

ArcSight Logger needs to improve in the area of threat analytics as security is vitally important to us. It also needs to provide some "upper-hand" features on some functionalities, as they're somewhat no so easy to use.

Use of Solution

I've used it for four-and-a-half years myself, and it's been around 12 years of use by the organization.

We had no issues with the deployment.

HP needs to work on the stability as it is mostly dependent on Java and there are console-related issues.

We have had no issues scaling it for our needs.

I would rate technical support as good but not the best when compared to a few years prior. The level of support seems to have decreased lately.

Our first SIEM product is this. We chose it because it's a major player in the SIEM technology market and it's mature, even as it's in the earlier stages.

I would say the initial versions of ArcSight components were pretty complex. For example, consider ESM, for which we had to install the manager and database separately and there were major issues with it on the archiving, and also the database management was pretty tough. But over a period of time, they improved drastically when the CORR-E came into the market.

Implementation Team

We have our own in-house SIEM administration and implementation team which handles all the activities for multiple customers.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

For licensing, I would say ArcSight beats all the vendors in the market in complexity.

Other Advice

I would definitely say to go with this product as it's the best in the market, but before opting for this product your perform solution-sizing because otherwise you might end up digging your own grave in fixing it.