Asigra Review
Vastly improved user down time. Tapes could take hours to retrieve, now that issue has been eradicated.

Valuable Features

Simplicity, very easy to restore user data. Means that we don't have to request off site tapes to be delivered to the office, can easily access the cloud data and restore most data within minutes.

Improvements to My Organization

As above, vastly improved user down time on important data that has been deleted. Tapes could often take hours if not over a day to retrieve, now that issue has been eradicated.

Room for Improvement

For me it does what it needs to.

Use of Solution

2 years.

No issues with deployment.

No issues with stability.

No, have easily scaled up as we've increased the amount of data we now hold.

From the limited contact I've had it's been very good.

Excellent, always at the other end of the phone with a solution to most of the few issues we've had.

Just tape storage with a local firm.

I wasn't involved in this but from the sounds of it it was very simple. Most of our servers are virtualised so we just needed to set them up and our supplier did the rest.

Implementation Team

Through a vender, they knew what they were doing and there was very little if any down time.

Other Solutions Considered

Symantec cloud was the only other product and it came down to cost, you had to install the client on all the servers which was done with a fee, with Asigra there's no such problem which makes it very cost effective.

Other Advice

Worthwhile, possible the initial setup of the hardware is costly but once you're going the costs are relatively cheap, it's the data costs that can rack up.

1 Comment

it_user219180Real User

I agree with Asigra being one of the top software for Cloud Backup and would recommend it to anyone as long as they are aware of:
1) Recovery after a disaster is complex and cumbersome - ask for procedures in case of complete disaster - i.e. installation in secondary location and Bare Metal Recovery
2) testing for Disaster Recovery - backups must be turned off during testing and back to point (1)
3) Requirements for purchase of (Asigra Database) SQL Server for database over 10GB can get expensive
4) Data retention and versions must be kept low as per/Gb costs could add up quickly
5) If recovery is interrupted during recovery process(due to ISP or Network) it must be restarted from beginning - large amounts of data can take a long time

30 April 15