Asigra Review

What is most valuable?

The agentless nature of the software simplifies installations for our end users, and NIST FIPS 140-2 certification puts our enterprise clients at ease. Virtual Disaster Recovery in version 13 is a game-changer, especially for VMWare shops.

How has it helped my organization?

Automated notifications work much better than other solutions we've employed, and the ability to add usage reports to invoices through DS-Billing is a very useful feature. Additionally, high compression rates reduce bandwidth and capacity requirements. Once configured, it all "just works".

What needs improvement?

The GUI isn't the slickest, because Asigra has opted to focus on features and capability over a shiny interface. They do have an overhaul in the works, but I appreciate that their first priority is performance. Despite looking a little long-in-the-tooth, our customers are able to handle every aspect of adding and modifying backup sets, performing restores, and monitoring usage themselves vs calling us for help (which we're happy to provide). I'm holding out on that half star while they get that GUI update going, simply because it's a turn-off for first time users - trust me, that shouldn't hold you back.

Yes, we previously used Ahsay, but found the comprehensive feature set of Asigra to be preferable both to us and our customer base.

What other advice do I have?

Try a 30 day evaluation to test it within your environment against your current backup and recovery solution. The Asigra DS Client can be installed on your infrastructure, and the agentless nature of the software allows for a simple configuration and comparison.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are partners with Asigra.
1 Comment
David Foster - Armada Cloud ResellerTOP 5LEADERBOARD

DS-Billing is a crucial way to automate billing while adding transparency for users.

14 June 16