Automic Continuous Delivery Automation Review

Automatic installation for complex deployments and environments, with good workflow support

What is our primary use case?

Indirectly, we are providing solutions for our clients. We are consultants for our customers and act as system integrators.

What is most valuable?

I like that really complex deployments are possible with it.

It's very good. You have everything you need.

You can design your workflows for your needs. You can do so much more, it's not just an automatic installation tool. It's a real deployment tool. I can do the complete deployment with everything that is possible.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup can be simplified. It's a bit complex.

The stability of the solution can be improved.

I have been using Automic Continuous Delivery Automation for four years.

There are some bugs. For example, during the design of a workflow, important information is lost, it vanishes. We thought that we were ready, only to find that the information wasn't completely saved as we expected.

We have less than ten people using this solution in our organization.

Personally, I have not contacted technical support.

Getting started and working took some time. It was not easy.

There are many concepts behind it.

We have an in-house team to maintain this solution.

We had the help of a consultant to help with the initial installation.

Customers often complain about the price.

There are several open-source tools available that can be used, but they don't have all of the capabilities.

There are other tools also available with similar capabilities but are commercial tools.

What other advice do I have?

Both Ansible and Atomic are good. Automic is more for complex installation for the enterprise. If I want to deploy applications such as Linux, AIX, Windows Server, and a Database and I have a complex environment, it's better to use Automic.

If I just have a Linux machine, it is best to use Ansible. I have heard that Ansible has improved its capabilities in the last couple of years.

We are very happy with this solution but the customers are not happy with the price, therefore I would rate Automic Continuous Delivery Automation an eight out of ten.

More Automic Continuous Delivery Automation reviews from users
...who compared it with Ansible
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Red Hat, IBM and others in Release Automation. Updated: June 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.