Azure Active Directory Review

Helpful B2B connectors with an interface that is well laid out and easy to navigate

What is our primary use case?

This product manages access for our compute space that includes Office 365, Salesforce, and other solutions.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the B2B connector and the external identity connection functionality. These are helpful.

User group management works well.

The interface is well laid out and it is easy to navigate. You can get to things quickly and it works.

The portal allows you to create reports, which is a nice feature.

What needs improvement?

My only pain point in this solution is creating group membership for devices. This is something that could be improved. Essentially, I want to be able to create collection groups, or organizational units and include devices in there. I should be able to add them in the same way that we can add users.

We want to be able to create members as devices in groups, without having to leverage a dynamic group membership with queries. I want to be able to just pick machines, create a group, and add them.

We have been using Active Directory Premium for four years.

This is a stable product.

I have only used technical support on one occasion and I found it to be pretty good.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I have not used this product to its full extent but from what I have used, I find that it works well.

My advice for anybody who is implementing AD Premium is to understand what it is that they're going to use and how they're going to manage identity. I suggest doing a lot more in terms of identity governance.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
More Azure Active Directory reviews from users
...who compared it with Okta Workforce Identity
Learn what your peers think about Azure Active Directory. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.