BOARD Review
Allows us to customize everything ourselves without any IT background or training.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I have found most valuable is the concept that drives Board. That concept is that Board is entirely customizable. If we have a new process, or a new reporting function that we want to achieve, we can make it happen in Board. We are able to do it ourselves, and that is without any IT background or training.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has saved us countless hours in developing our budget each year. What used to require a number of employees working overtime each week consistently, has been cut down to one person working 10 hours of overtime once a year.

Our Budget is also more accurate, reliable, and is updated every morning with actuals from our accounting software.

Board has also helped us with developing an initiative tracking system.

What needs improvement?

The issues that we have with Board are small. For instance, there is no spell check for text that is written.

I have used Board for 4 years.

No. The biggest part about deployment was getting employees trained on how to use the software.

No, The software is extremely resilient, and problems are only encountered through user error, which are often easy to fix.

Customer Service and Technical Support have been great.We haven't had issues very often, but when we have, the fixes have been quick and easy.

We did all of our budget work in Excel before using Board. We switched because our Excel files would often be corrupted from one year to the next. This is not a problem with Board. Our algorithms always stay in place and we don't have to worry about corruption.

The setup is as straightforward or complex as you make it. You dictate what you want the software to do for you, and then the software is customized to your needs.

We implemented the software through Neubrain. Their level of expertise was very high, and they knew the Board software very well.

We are a municipal government, so we don't have ROI in the traditional sense, but we were able to save a lot of money in overtime costs, and personnel due to the ease of using Board.

1 visitor found this review helpful