Board Review

A complete platform with prebuilt applications, good scalability and value for money, and a toolkit for no-code development environment

What is our primary use case?

It can be used for business intelligence, predictive planning, financial consolidation, integrated planning, budgeting and forecasting, strategy execution, and management. It can be deployed on the cloud or on-prem.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to use. It has got what they call a toolkit, which is a no-code development environment. You can develop a whole solution with it because it is a complete platform. There is a lot of online material that can be used as a reference. You can help yourself while developing a solution.

There are some prebuilt applications in the platform environment. You can very easily customize and integrate these applications. It also has flexible scaling of machine resources, which is really great.

What needs improvement?

It can have more functionality for narrative reporting. They should also improve their training courses, which are currently very lightweight. When you get into more complex things, it is quite difficult to figure out what you're supposed to do, and you have to look at a lot of videos before you actually understand, which is a bit frustrating. Their training can be more comprehensive.

I have been using this solution for one year.

It is stable.

Its scalability is good. Because of the agreement that they've got with Microsoft Azure, they monitor the performance and scale automatically. If more processing power is required, they just add it. You don't have to worry about that, and you also don't have to pay extra.

In terms of usage, we started with four or five people. We currently have about 30 users, and we will use it for more areas of the business.

Their support was good. They got back to us and helped us immediately. I can't complain.

We have used Power BI and Cognos.

We use it in the cloud, so we didn't have to install anything. It took two days to get our environment provisions up and running.

It is not the cheapest product on earth, but you get so much. It provides good value for money.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Board a nine out of ten. In general, it is a surprisingly good tool.

More Board reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Tableau
Find out what your peers are saying about Board International, Tableau, Microsoft and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.