Board Review

The aesthetics of it are nice. I would like an eLearning platform as we are not using the tool to its fullest potential.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for BOARD was initially to report income statements and other P&Ls to our executive team, which was our phase one of implementing BOARD. Our phase two would be uploading from external data, then analyzing the external data with the internal data.

It has been going great, but there is still a lot to learn (a lot of training) that we can get from BOARD because our company is pretty small. We do not have a team dedicated to BOARD because it is a full time job if you are deciding to develop it from the ground up. We would need to allocate more time into something like that.

Right now, we are not using the product to its fullest potential.

How has it helped my organization?

I do not think it has that great of an impact on our company yet. We have not yet been able to dedicate the time and training towards it.

For me, it is useful! We are a finance team, though not in finance, but it is working out well for our team.

What is most valuable?

The aesthetics of it are really nice. That is what attracted us to BOARD: the ease and functionality of it. Once you start using it, you can't go back to the old Excel.

What needs improvement?

I would like an eLearning platform for BOARD. I heard it was in development, and it is on the way.

It is pretty stable.

The product should fit our needs in several years.

The support from the BOARD team and their consultants is great. Whenever I use technical support, they are good.

Before BOARD, we were just using Excel.

We switched to BOARD because our goal is customer probability. I think its our executive manager's solution to consolidate all the data from different data points from all the different departments like marketing, operations, finance, and sales, then gather them all in one place and effectively distribute the information without developing a new solution.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

BOARD was the only company that came onsite to do a demo. Their demonstration blew us away. The dashboard looked amazing.

What other advice do I have?

Before you implement. look at what you want to achieve before you start working on building a database, then starting an implementation. Make decisions on what you want to do for your company.

Looking at BOARD 11, it looks impressive. I like the new design, user interface, and everything is on the cloud.

What do you appreciate most in a vendor?

• All the different, little plugins that they have for Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. It makes it very easy to use.
  • The cloud and desktop client are very easy to use.
  • At first, the product was not very intuitive, but now if you get it, it is customizable.