Serviceaide Intelligent Service Management Review

It has the ability to integrate and fit well with other tools in the CA ecosystem. I'd like to see an improved UI for a lot of the systematic commands.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features for me are:

• Scalable architecture,
  • Customization potential - the UI, background, and data movement allows you to be able to tailor to the nitty gritty details of what you might need in your environment, and
  • Advanced workflow management.

How has it helped my organization?

It has the ability to integrate with other CA tools (we use a lot of others). It fits well into the CA ecosystem of multiple products.

What needs improvement?

It needs a better integration engine.

A UI for a lot of the systematic commands which are still command line interface-based needs improvement.

Good stability – partially because we implemented it well for hundreds of concurrent users (not thousands) and we never have issues.

It's planned for, but not added on so easily. With newer versions with the next upgrade we plan to issue it to more users.

Most often I try to go to high-level support personnel. They redundantly ask for the same information as you move higher up in the support information system, so you need to give them so much information that that often doesn't matter. Once you find the right person, it's easier to get what you need.

There was a merger and acquisition and we had competing products, so we looked for a tool that could merge two products, initiating the transfer. We looked for commitment from the vendor for further development of their tool.

The complexity depends on how you set up. A tiered approach focusing on the modules of management within the program would be best. You can't just roll out all the modules all in one swoop.

We also looked at BMC and ServiceNow. We chose CA because they integrate with other systems already, so this was easier.

What other advice do I have?

There’s a lot of practices that others consider standard, that you need to adopt yourself or enable/configure, as it's not a given that it's already there.

Size of your business will dictate whether or not you should be looking at this tool. This is not appropriate for a small or even a medium-sized business. Too much overhead for a small company. There's the need for continual maintenance.

More Serviceaide Intelligent Service Management reviews from users
2 Comments

author avatarAndyLee (InsideView, Inc)

CA Cloud Service Management, we used it as an enterprise help desk system. We setup categories and work groups for Data Team, HR, Accounting, IT, Finance and Procurement.

CA Service Desk Manager within the one year says it does a good job of conceptually tying EITM together well, although it lacks tactical ease of that concept.

I recommend CA Cloud Service Management gives us best results for our Help desk system.

author avatarAndyLee (InsideView, Inc)

CA Service Desk Manager within the last year says it does a good job of conceptually tying EITM together well, although it lacks tactical ease of that concept.