CA Cloud Service Management Review

It's provided self-service and automation, notifications, and reporting, although adding group names is a complicated process.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature to me are--

• Workflows with Knowledge Management
  • Dictionary
  • Thesaurus and synonyms
  • Permissions
  • GUI HTML editor
  • Metrics you can get on every document and ability to aggregate those to get really good reporting

Improvements to My Organization

It's provided self-service and automation, notifications, and reporting. That’s where we spend most of the time fishing for things. It’s good on a day-to-day and macro perspective.

Room for Improvement

It’s always the little things. There used to be a spell-check function that allowed us to add technical terms, but it no longer exists, and I’d like to have that back.

Also, adding group names is a complicated process that involves adding analyst names, and analysts change all the time, so it's nearly impossible to consistently add group names.

There's no issues with deployment.

We switched out whole-knowledge search to an “and” instead of “or” search. We have 10,000 examples. But this made it unstable and it timed out in the middle of searches. Now we have just one URL that supports people use and another for the general masses.

Theoretically, it’s great, but there are those time-out issues. It’s a web-based product, which we like, and thus are able to scale sufficiently.

I haven’t had to use them for a while, but they’ve been good for the last that 15 years I’ve used it. For a while, they were never in my time zone, but not any more.

I wasn’t involved, but I installed some GUIs that were straightforward to set up. Also, the settings – workflows and templates - were very straightforward as well.

Other Advice

It loses points because it’s not GUI enough too "code"-y.

You should go into their sites and communities. They’ve built that up a lot and you can get help without contacting support, e.g. YouTube videos.

Finally, plan exactly what it is that you want.