Symantec Identity Governance and Administration Review

It has delegated responsibility across to the customers, but bulk load capability needs improving.

What is most valuable?

The ability to customise the screen, and create a technical solution suited to the business requirements including delegation, password management and role based access.

How has it helped my organization?

Delegated responsibility across to the customers, instead of the organisation maintaining the user. In addition, this also allows user privacy and security to be maintained.

What needs improvement?

Multiple areas:

• Bulk Load capability
  • Services
  • Organisation propagation, etc.

I've used it for the last seven years.

Deployment was stable. Only issue was with the policy express and emails which were very dependent on the exact name instead of a tag.

If the product has been tuned, appropriated, and appropriate memory has been allocated, there are no issues with stability.

No issues encountered.

8/10.

8/10.

No. We moved from a manual user management system to a delegated user management system.

Provided the requirements are set, the initial setup was straightforward. Subsequent functionality within CA IM is not appropriately documented creating issues.

We used a vendor whose level of expertise was 8/10.

Yes, we also considered using Oracle Identity Manager.

What other advice do I have?

Use an agile approach of delivery if the business is not aware of what it wants.

More Symantec Identity Governance and Administration reviews from users