CA Identity Manager (CA IAM) Review

We like that it synchronizes with our HR system. We would like to see customer service respond faster.

Valuable Features:

• The user interface
  • The synchronization with our HR system

Improvements to My Organization:

I know that CA are always trying to improve and upgrading with improvements.

Use of Solution:

I've used it for 11 years, and it has improved greatly over time.

Deployment Issues:

After a big update and upgrade, we have no problems with the system.

Stability Issues:

The system is very stable, it isn’t freezing and it handles everything very well.

They don’t give a resolution immediately. They tend to take time coming up with answers. We are not really satisfied with the customer service. They do solve problems in the end, it just takes time.

Previous Solutions:

No, we didn’t use a previous solution. This is the first solution we ever implemented and we have been very satisfied ever since.

Initial Setup:

Initially it was a bit complicated as it was really something new in the market and the idea of identity management that works automatically and synchronizes with a HR system was not common. We were a pioneer. It was complicated to start these projects, the planning, architecture, and data mining that we had to do in the first step.

Implementation Team:

We did it by ourselves, and had to do a lot of thinking by ourselves to get to the step of implementation. It took a bit of time because at that point there was not a lot of knowledge on how to implement such a new solution, so it took time. After we passed this step it moved on. But today when you launch these projects, everyone has a lot of experience from over the years and knows the steps. In 2004 it was really a startup. Now we are specialists.

ROI:

Yes, we have had a return on investment. All of the time saved on administration and user lifecycles. Now it’s all automatic. When a new employee is coming to the organization a new user is created, when I put it in the HR system a new user will be automatically created. Also when a user is let go, or has retired everything happens automatically. It helps because we have a lot of temporary employees that we bring in. It’s hard to imagine having to do this all manually.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

I think the pricing is reasonable.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are now in a long term relationship, we work very tight and most of the people have worked there for a long time. They help us and advise us, as well as introducing us to their other customers for us to consult. We have a good relationship.
1 visitor found this review helpful