CA Identity Manager (CA IDM) Review

Features, stability, and support are good, but it needs better integration with HR systems

What is our primary use case?

We are using CA Identity Management product to provide an identity management service for the largest in the retail industry.

Performance is good, but the other side, the drawback with the CA Identity Manager is they don't have a connector to HR systems like SAP, or PeopleSoft, or Workday. That's a major drawback with the CA Identity Manager. For that we have to do lots of custom quoting to get data from HR systems.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution in which we have brought in CA Identity Manager, it is like combining multiple HR sources. It helps reduce thousands of hours of work.

What is most valuable?

Policy Xpress.

What needs improvement?

It needs to be connected to major HR systems. That is a major thing. And if they can connect it to GRC systems, that's good to have in an identity product.

Three to five years.

Stability is very good. We have been using it the last three years. I haven't seen any issues.

I would evaluate them at five out of five. Every tech support guy who works at CA is good. I don't have any issues.

It was straightforward. Even when you're installing dependent software, like a database or something else, I consider it it straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

When we are choosing a vendor we will go for whether they have the capability to connect to the target system. The basic feature would be connectivity. If the product doesn't have the capability to connect to that system, we will need to do something else to get or push this information to that system. Connectivity is the main thing.

I'd rate it seven out of 10. Those connectivity issues are the only reasons. Functionality-wise, it's good. The features that they have are good.