CA Identity Manager (CA IDM) Review

User record, self-service features, and user rules and entitlements help us manage our users, although the only issue we have is related to the Microsoft integration.

What is most valuable?

I use the user record (a permanently stored data element), self-service features (access requests, application access, remove/change users), and the rules and entitlements for users.

How has it helped my organization?

These features really help our organization because they are the best features available for managing users.

What needs improvement?

The only issue we have is that sometimes we have an issue related to the Microsoft integration. That impacts Identity Manager's performance, and it's something we need.

I've been using it for four years.

No issues with deployment.

Most of the time, because we do a lot of testing, it seems to be in good shape, and as far as I can see there's no problem at all with stability.

We have issues with scalability, and it has taken time due to the requirement of extra memory and more CPU.

Very well, as I have been working with these people for a while. I have never had any issues with the technical support. They support us 24/7 and are really good.

The initial set up was complex because we had a lot of documentation. We had to look at our system first and see the platform with other products. It takes a while to build and for it to work with our sandbox, but eventually it was fine. Although it did take time initially, after that it was a cake walk.

It was all done in-house, but again the technical support was there when required.

We saw other options in the market, but the technical support of CA made the difference. This is why we chose the product. If the system is down, someone could help us and this was an important factor.

What other advice do I have?

I don't see any issues with CA, and everyone in the business is happy with CA and their support. Everything is good.