There are many feature which are really good for business, and a few among them are
- Fault isolation which helps to control the unnecessary flood of alerts
- NCM (Network Configuration Manager) - To capture the configuration backup of the network, devices which have out of box features for Cisco devices
- Out of box integration with other CA products like Nimsoft(UIM), APM, eHealth to provide CA as a complete solution in the environment
- Integration with Service desk (ITSM) tool for ticket automation in an environment
- Integration with 3rd party tools as it can receive the traps and then can be converted into meaningful alarms.
- Ability to import MIB"s for different Vendor devices.
Improvements to My Organization
It has really helped to create a complete solution so that clients can see their whole IT network in one complete console/solution.
Room for Improvement
CA keeps on enhancing the product time to time, taking enhancements from users like us, as we make maximum use of their products.
I think they should improve or add advance performance reporting in the reporting part of Spectrum, they have recently replaced CABI with Jaspersoft in new version as a reporting integration.
Use of Solution
I've used it for four years.
No issues with deployment for me as i have been deploying/upgrading this product frequently for different clients.
No issues with stability.
No issues with scalability.
Customer Service and Technical Support
Great, we try to resolve issues of our own, but when required CA support is well versed in technical expertise and documentation to help their clients. Technical Support
4.5 out of 5
No, I have been using CA products for almost 4 years now.
It's a bit complex on Linux box but straight forward for windows, but you need some hands-on experience to start on production.
Read the documentation first before implementing, CA has a very well managed documentation and also good articles on their KB support site for known issues.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Member of the CA Global Partner Program
Mar 23 2016