CA Spectrum Review
A Complete Infrastrucutre Management Product That Will Answer Most Of The Network Related Requirements Of Any Organisation.

Valuable Features

There are many feature which are really good for business, and a few among them are

• Fault isolation which helps to control the unnecessary flood of alerts
  • NCM (Network Configuration Manager) - To capture the configuration backup of the network, devices which have out of box features for Cisco devices
  • Out of box integration with other CA products like Nimsoft(UIM), APM, eHealth to provide CA as a complete solution in the environment
  • Integration with Service desk (ITSM) tool for ticket automation in an environment
  • Integration with 3rd party tools as it can receive the traps and then can be converted into meaningful alarms.
  • Ability to import MIB"s for different Vendor devices.

Improvements to My Organization

It has really helped to create a complete solution so that clients can see their whole IT network in one complete console/solution.

Room for Improvement

CA keeps on enhancing the product time to time, taking enhancements from users like us, as we make maximum use of their products.

I think they should improve or add advance performance reporting in the reporting part of Spectrum, they have recently replaced CABI with Jaspersoft in new version as a reporting integration.

Use of Solution

I've used it for four years.

No issues with deployment for me as i have been deploying/upgrading this product frequently for different clients.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Great, we try to resolve issues of our own, but when required CA support is well versed in technical expertise and documentation to help their clients.

4.5 out of 5

No, I have been using CA products for almost 4 years now.

It's a bit complex on Linux box but straight forward for windows, but you need some hands-on experience to start on production.

Implementation Team

In-house.

Other Advice

Read the documentation first before implementing, CA has a very well managed documentation and also good articles on their KB support site for known issues.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Member of the CA Global Partner Program

1 Comment

Edgar ParraReal UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

CA Spectrum is one of the best monitoring software I'v ever work with, I worked with it for 7 years and it was awesome, the implementation easy, management of the environment easy, need another spectrum server? this is a process that has improved a lot over the years, when I started working with it back in Spectrum 7 it was a bit of a complex process to do. I would recommend this software to any big enterprise that wants to monitor absolutely everything attached to their network. One thing though I think it lacks, is the usage of the app from an external point of view like an App from apple store or Google. PRTG is one monitoring tool that has this capability.

20 December 15