CA Spectrum Review

We have never faced any issues but it took a while to understand the product

What is most valuable?

The one-click console.

How has it helped my organization?

We use this as part of our infrastructure monitoring and it's done through a console. With the timely alerts that our MTTR reduced, we could determine the impact of the outage as well as the root cause of the issue.

What needs improvement?

It took a while to understand the product, but once we went hands on, it's great to work with. I have previously used Tivoli Enterprise console which doesn’t need any expertise and is easy to learn.

I've used it for two years.

I have never seen an outage of the tool.

My organization is rapidly growing with servers being added to the data center and we have never faced any issues.

I have never used customer service.

Using the tool comes as part of my job because my company uses CA Spectrum for their infrastructure monitoring. Previously, I have used Tivoli Console.

Setup was very straightforward.

It was done in-house.

I have used the product to monitor our company’s infrastructure.

What other advice do I have?

I would strongly recommend it.

3 Comments

author avatarUser at Deutsche Bank

Thanx Venky for sharing this info

author avatarRavi Suvvari
Top 5LeaderboardReal User

Very valuable inputs regarding CA Spectrum Venkata ; Thank you for sharing Ravi Suvvari

author avatarSpectrum consultant at CA Technologies

Hi Venkata,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Would recommend you to look at Spectrum 10.0 features and enhancements since you claim that your organization infra is rapidly growing.

This should serve you better!

Cheers!