CA SSO Review

It's a one-stop shop to secure all of our web applications, and since 2003, we've been able to scale from two policy cycles to six with it.

Valuable Features:

I helps us to secure all of our web applications -- internal or external- or customer based, or provider-based, or partner-agents -- with access control. It's a one-stop shop. We can have a single user interface that has centralized policy-based and rule-based access controls.

It's easy to execute, robust, and secure.

Room for Improvement:

Identity Manager and GovernanceMinder should integrate better. Right now, they have started integrating it, but it would be helpful it were fully integrated with the other security products.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

This is one of the robust and stable product I have seen in my sixteen years of IT experience. I'm not exaggerating here, but that is the way it worked. Very few instances we had real failures. When you have a product this stable, you can depend on it and get on with business.

Scalability Issues:

Right now, our load is one million customers and about fifteen thousand internal users. We have web services we use and, this maybe looks so silly, but we didn't really have any major issues with SiteMinder. When my company began in 2003, we had two policy cycles up in production. Now we have six policy cycles. And it's scaled for us without problems.

Initial Setup:

When I came to the company we used v5, I believe, but I did two major migrations, a migration to v6 and then to v12. It's a very straightforward and smooth transition from version to version.

Other Advice:

Make sure your architecture is defined properly.