CA SSO Review

Secure and standardized web access management provide a positive user experience. A lot of configuration is required.

What is most valuable?

It's flexible, powerful, and superperforming, I'd say. It performs very well on the road.

How has it helped my organization?

We can secure many access points, whether they are local apps, or on-premise, or in the clouds with third parties, with partners, or with customers. It manages user profiles and identities so we can secure and standardize our web access management.

What needs improvement?

The admin UI needs to be more stable. They should bundle more of the products and get rid of a lot of the small pieces which we need to configure on the top of the initial setup. Examples of this are the SM Console and the registry.

It should be easier to implement and deploy; and it should support more platforms, such as more operating systems.

It is much more stable than it was before. Now it is getting to be very stable, especially when you tweak it properly and follow CA best practices.

It's very scalable. Right now we're on the 32-bit version. We need to add more servers and more capacity to handle the loads. I hope the next version will be even better than it is now.

Technical support is above average. It used to be below average, but they improved a lot over the past year and a half.

• We needed to implement secure access. CA is a leader in this area, so we went naturally with the best. We also chose CA because of the way they interact with customers, pitch new features to us, ask us for feedback, and provide us with support.
  • The product itself is easy to implement.
  • The login is super-responsive so that there is no lag before you can access the system. This provides a positive user experience. It is flawless. I log in once to my portal, and that's it. CA Single Sign-On takes care of everything else.

What other advice do I have?

You need to know exactly what you need to do. So you need to know your use cases, your needs. Just go ahead, contact CA, and see what comes out of it. It's a great product, so just use it. Try it out.