CA SSO Review

For authentication purposes, we can keep security out of our applications. More UI templates would be nice.

What is most valuable?

With Single Sign-On, we don't have to do anything in our system.

After they deploy the application, everything works seamlessly. That's the main benefit that we get out of this product. For authentication purposes, we can keep security out of our applications, which is productive for us.

How has it helped my organization?

We can rapidly onboard different partners. We don't have to wait for months to do that. For this, we use the Federation feature from CA Single Sign-On, which helps us a lot.

What needs improvement?

There is a need to introduce more templates in the UI side and this would help design this aspect better. As of now, there are only a few samples available.

There is scope for improvement in this product.

It works fine. We did not find any stability issues. It is very rare to see something go wrong, so the application is quite stable.

However, we have noticed that when you update to the latest version, it can be unstable. Right now, we are in a stable environment.

You can scale it very easily. It works exactly the way the product has been documented. We can scale it well and we did not find any issues with it.

The technical support level is moderate. I would give it a 5/10 rating.

It depends both ways - we need immediate solutions however from their end, it takes time to get answers.

We required such a product, as we were using an old solution. That’s how we started using CA Single Sign-On with the CA SiteMinder.

The setup was not straightforward. I would give it a 7/10 rating - 1 being simple and 10 being complex. So, it was quite complex.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to use this tool as it is robust and mostly it solves all the problems that arise in our industry.

We did consider other vendors. However, after we saw the demo for this product, we decided to purchase this product.

The factors we looked into before purchasing this product are the benefits of this product, how CA functions with other tools, costs, the level of support provided, upgrades and so on.