CA SSO Review

When using this product, different applications are not trying to build their own security solutions.

What is most valuable?

It is a flexible platform.

Using this product makes it easier for enterprises to integrate a majority or even all their apps into one single solution for access. Its easy-to-use functionality is the most valuable part.

How has it helped my organization?

The primary benefit of this product is security. It improves the overall security posture of the organization.

Secondly, establishing such a platform helps in saving costs as different applications are not trying to build their own security solutions and spend more money there.

What needs improvement?

A simple feature that still does not exist but it should be implemented as soon as possible, is that if a user is accessing an internet app from the internet, then it should perform a desktop single sign-on. But, if the same application is accessed outside of the network, the users should be given a page login. I don't want customization to implement this behavior, since this should be a simple configuration within SSO functionality. This should detect whether you are accessing from inside/outside of the network and accordingly present the authentication. This feature does not exist today and it is something, that almost all our clients ask for.

This is a mature and stable product. It has been a leader in the market for around 10-15 years. I can't imagine another competing product out there.

This product is both stable and scalable. I've seen up to 5-6 million users.

One advice for all would be to build relationships with the CA technical support team.

It is important to utilize your account manager if you're a customer or your partner contact if you're a partner, as this is the best way to get more information from them. In my opinion, building these relationships makes the entire the experience better.

Some of our clients, at times, have thought of using different solutions. The main reason for that is sometimes they do not have skill to harness the capability of this product along with the features that it offers.

When the client approaches CA, it provides an answer that is more product-oriented, rather than solution-oriented, so there is a communication gap. When we are at the client's side, we bridge this gap and that's why our customers are more successful working with us and CA together, rather than working directly with CA.

I was involved in the initial setup process for some of our clients.

For SSO and its setup, the process was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

It is very important to educate yourself in regards to the capabilities of this product by interacting with CA or attending conferences like CA World as they give you an insight about all that the product has to offer.

Single Sign-On is a mature product and hence I would be confident in recommending it to our clients.