CA SSO Review

The authentication and authorization empower our contact center to handle customer calls

What is our primary use case?

Our customers use it to log on to our site.

It has performed very well, so far.

What is most valuable?

• Authentication
  • Authorization
  • The user repository

Without, with the number of customers using our site, if that portion was down, our contact center wouldn't be able to handle the calls, if the authentication and authorization wasn't working.

How has it helped my organization?

It has streamlined a lot of the functions, and for all our applications they don't have to worry about the security part, they just ride the application and SSL handles the authentication, the security part of it.

What needs improvement?

The OpenID Connect piece, we would like to see the new technologies baked into the product, as opposed to going out and using a different product to accomplish the same thing. So OpenID Connects would be great, to have that kind of plug-in, into SSL without having to go in and install new products.

It's very stable. We have experienced occasional downtime, but once we work with support we find the problems and we solve them. Once everything is configured and working, it's stable.

In terms of scalability, so far we haven't really had issues with performance, we haven't faced any problems yet.

Technical support is good. Once we escalate, the proper channels get the tickets, then we have no issues with them.

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor, what is important for our company in that relationship is, obviously, the history that we have that we have with the different companies, and meeting the requirements.

I rate it a nine out of 10. Sometimes it's just a matter of figuring out the quirks and how it works. But once it works, it works really well.

I would definitely recommend it. It's a product that does what it does very well. Once it works, it just works and you don't have to mess with it.