CA SSO Review
We have 40 million users who login everyday, so it is very scalable

What is our primary use case?

Primary case is to authenticate users and use banking online. It is performing well.

How has it helped my organization?

It has definitely made things easier. We do not have to do that development. It is an out-of-the-box product which does the thing it does best.

What is most valuable?

It has the ability to authenticate and authorize users. It is the main feature for our security.

What needs improvement?

Better monitoring. A better way to debug a problem. When there is a problem with it, it should log enough information for CA to know what is the problem, like a better debugging tool.

It needs better debugging and support.

We have had some issues with it, but in general, it is good.

CA was there to help. There is some issues in general.

It is very scalable. We have a very large customer base: 75 million customers. We have about 40 million log in a day. So, the scalability is very good.

We are not very happy with the support, I am sorry to say.

The reason is mostly because we stayed on an older version and we are behind catching up on a newer version. It has become harder for CA to give us good support.

The main thing is we do not have the traceability and good monitoring that CA can provide us to capture problems when they occur. That is the biggest thing.

It has been an issue. All the problems that we reported actually have never been resolved. We could not capture enough information for CA to be able to debug the problem. This problem does not happen often. But, when it happens, we do not know why, because we are not able to capture the data. I think that is the biggest drawback. The support and its combination between ability for them to support us on all the older versions and different infrastructure to what CA recommends us to do. We are trying to upgrade and all that. Maybe these things will help.

Technical support is always available and very responsive. I have a direct line to the engineers. They allow me to talk to them directly. They really are trying to help the best they can. It does not work out well. In terms of interaction, no problems there.

When I started two years, it was already setup. Now, I am reengineering it. I am doing a different setup to eliminate any customization for CA to support us better. The process is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would recommend the newer version without any customization. That is where we have had a problem because we did our own customization of this product.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: It is the supportability right. J.P. Morgan costs more, but we want stability, resiliency, and we want the product to work. However, it has to be scalable and supportable. That is the main thing for any product which we pick.