Check Point Endpoint Remote Access VPN Review

A secure solution that's reliable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to have a secure connection and to offer security integration with our remote office as well as some other companies.

What is most valuable?

The ability to create your trigger data domains is the solution's most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The solution should include the ability to integrate the equipment's functionality with others. For example, we would like Checkpoint to be able to integrate easily to the public key infrastructure. According to Checkpoint, there is no use case for this right now.

The interface itself needs improvement. When you need to create something, you have to go through a lot of steps. It needs to be simplified.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution has been very scalable for us up until now. Currently, we have two data centers and we are running two Checkpoints for the facility to spread the workload.

The process is mainly straightforward.

We started only with the firewall components and this part was straightforward. Once we started to implement the VPN, we had to work with the reseller. Now, we are handling it ourselves.

We handled the implementation ourselves with the assistance of resellers.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model.

Checkpoint is very strong and very reliable. I would advise that those considering implementing the product go to a Checkpoint training session before implementing the solution. It's good to be familiar with the product beforehand.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.