Cisco AMP for Endpoints Review

The sheer volume of the number of emails that it blocks has increased staff productivity

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is email filtering.

We are using the latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

I am told that we get over 100 million emails a month. This filters them down and allows only somewhere about three million emails, which is a great help.

What is most valuable?

We are a Cisco shop, so it just integrates with everything else that we are doing.

What needs improvement?

I would like them to add whatever makes filtering more advanced in scanning and blocking for malware in emails. It would just improve the product further. I think they are working on this, the continuous improvement aspect.

The stability seems to work well.

The scalability is fine.

The technical support is sufficient. Every time that we have had an issue, we call the tech support, and they are very responsive.

We wanted to get a homogeneous environment where everything works together and is integrated well together. This was a big advantage and big driver for us.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We used Dimension Data for the deployment. The experience was positive.

This solution has helped increased staff productivity. E.g., if you get 1000 emails a day and 95 percent of those are garbage, the savings that you receive from going through those emails is immense.

We have seen a measurable decrease in the mean time to detect or respond to threats by 90 percent, blocking a vast majority of threats.

What other advice do I have?

Seriously consider it. It blocks a lot of emails. Look at the market, do your evaluation, and pick the right solution for you.

We are fairly mature in our security program maturity, but there is always room for improvement.