Cisco AMP for Endpoints Review

Excellent scalability with good integration capabilities and easy to deploy in Cisco ecosystems

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for endpoint protection. For the larger deployments, we use it for our policy enforcement as well. We use AMP on the endpoints for writing automated policies in order to protect the user when they join the network, for example.

What is most valuable?

The solution's integration capabilities are excellent. It's one of the best features.

Most of my ecosystems are Cisco-based, so AMP is an easy deployment for me and an easy sale as well. There is a lot of technical documentation which is readily available. There's a lot of Cisco-based education which is really helpful in terms of various unique situations that we run into.

What needs improvement?

I would recommend that the solution offer more availability in terms of the product portfolio and integration with third-party products.

AMP works very well within the Cisco ecosystem. If it could work along with the third party ecosystem as well, if that integration or even more APIs came into play, I think we could utilize this product a little bit better.

One thing which I would like to see in terms of a major improvement would be AMP supporting the IoT infrastructure, which has been coming up in networks recently. It should also support more factory managed devices, like systems running Linux. Better support is what I'm looking for.

The common endpoints are already covered and we work very well with them. That would be the case if support is extended to new devices as well. I think that would bring real value to the table.

AMP has recently released email security and web security. If there was something like a common dashboard, similar to that of CrowdStrike, it would be useful.

AMP needs to come up with a common dashboard for all of the solutions. That single pane of information would allow us to view everything.

Instead of installing a plugin, what we need AMP to do is run installs in the background. Then the user doesn't know that AMP is running on the system. That would be a fantastic use case or the recommendation which I would like to make, in they're looking for products and features to develop. Something like that would allow me to have a high-end deployment in place for AMP which would be ideal.

I've been using the solution for two or three years now. I have been using AMP since it was acquired as an independent company. That means I have almost five years of experience in AMP and AMP-based products.

Scalability wise, AMP is a sure shot recommendation. I would recommend it for an endpoint protection solution compared to any other product out there in the market. It's number one.

I work with small and medium-sized organizations as primary clients which I have targeted AMP on. The small users or the smaller segment within our clients are from 10 users to 500 users. And when I'm talking about medium deployment, I'm referring to users ranging from 500 to 5000 users.

The technical support has always been fantastic.

It has never been a disappointing experience to be very frank. Cisco TAC has been very helpful. I worked in the presales team as well, so there is Partner Plus which has always been favored in terms of providing us with solution-based documents as well as presentations to take to our customers.

In a couple of ways, I think we are doing a very good job in terms of the resources which are being provided as well as the support that has been designed around this product.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I normally work with Cisco systems, as well as most of the routing and switching companies out there, like Juniper, among others.

We're partners with Cisco. I handle consultation with all Cisco products, which includes all of the safe architecture, security logging, and switching. I'm basically working with the system architecture within Compass. I am a unified, tech grade umbrella for the entire product portfolio.

I'd advise, if users are running a Cisco environment, to definitely adopt AMP as an endpoint-based solution, which makes it a lot easier for them to manage your devices.

I'd also advise that AMP works very well if someone is running a non-Cisco set up (and they're looking at an endpoint solution that works independently). However, there's a little bit of complexity in terms of getting the actual business use case, because there's less documentation surrounding that kind of setup.

In terms of rating the solution overall, I'd rate it an eight out of ten. It has covered most of the feature sets we need. The reason I'm not giving it a full ten out of ten is because there is still room to improve the scope of integration. It doesn't support many of the IoT endpoints as well as the other components on the network, which are not yet compatible but under development. Once that happens, I'd probably give it a proper ten out of ten.

More Cisco AMP for Endpoints reviews from users