Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Review

A necessary tool with good stability and a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

Most of our remote access is through Cisco AnyConnect. It's an onboarding process for us to make sure that we configure a laptop to connect to the client, to go through the client's firewall, and to get on there.

What is most valuable?

While it's very necessary as a tool, it's very much just set and forget. You don't have to think about it very much. It just works.

Typically, the initial setup is very easy.

What needs improvement?

All I care about is being connected and I know that we've run into versioning issues in the past.

I have used the solution for probably at least five years.

The stability is fine. It's pretty standard, however, it seems like everybody uses Any Connect. It's like a pretty standard thing. It doesn't give anyone any trouble.

The scalability is okay. I'm able to use it with multiple clients and that element of it's just fine.

I'm not on the IT side and therefore do not really deal with technical support. I can't speak to if they are helpful or responsive. I deal with my IT department. I never deal with Cisco.

The initial setup is usually straightforward. It's not overly difficult. It's all in how things are communicated. If things are communicated in an easy way, then it's not an issue at all.

I have zero exposure when it comes to licensing and costs. I can't speak to how much the solution is.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a client and an end-user.

The solution is client-driven. We tend to work with different versions.

I'd advise users to have it installed as a standard app in your environment and establish it as a standard to connect to your clients or your vendors. Just make sure you put a policy in place.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've been happy with how it has worked for us overall.

More Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, OpenVPN and others in Enterprise Infrastructure VPN. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.