Cisco Nexus Review

Valuable data center features, continual feature refinement, highly scalable and stable.

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution in the customer's companies. I have used many different version of the solution.

What is most valuable?

I find all the data center features to be most valuable, such as VXLAN and OTV. The ACI and FEX connectivity are good features too. Cisco is refining the features all the time and you can see this in all the different vendors.

What needs improvement?

They could improve on having different technologies between product models. The management dashboard could be better if it could handle the Catalyst and the Nexus at the same time. If Cisco could find management connectivity between the DMA center and the ACI connectivity this would be helpful.

I have been using the product for more than ten years.

The solution is stable.

I have found the scalability good with this product.

The support we received was excellent.

I have worked previously with Catalyst version 6500, 4500, and 3750 series, most of them.

The setup of the solution was easy.

The price of the product is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

In all the benchmarks and testing that I did, I found the best solution to be Cisco. I recommend the product. They have a good product with all the features that are required.

I rate Cisco Nexus a nine out of ten.

More Cisco Nexus reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Catalyst Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Nexus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.