Cisco Nexus Review

Easy to use, easy to manage, scalable, and very reliable

What is our primary use case?

The Cisco Nexus switches are the best and most reliable solution for us in my previous company, which was a telecom service provider. We used cisco modular switches for our heavy services as part of our GSM network as it requires heavy processing and highest performance.

What is most valuable?

Its easy management is most valuable. It is easy to use, easy to manage, stable, and very reliable.

What needs improvement?

The cost of the support can be improved. We had critical operations, and we needed 24/7 support for 365 days, which was quite expensive. We had to go for a very costly support contract, which was really a concern. The availability of spare parts, especially in a remote location such as Egypt, can also be improved.

I have been using this solution for quite sometime, several years.

It is stable and reliable.

It is very scalable. We had around 7,000 users in our company & more than 26 million GSM customers.

They have been responsive, but you need the right support contract. We had critical operations, and normally, we asked for the highest level of support and next-day replacement or avail spare parts on-site. It was easy and not that difficult but very costly.

It was straightforward and easy.

General it is a mutual cooperation and ix between the in-house team and the vendor, and both are highly qualified.

Licensing is annual or every three years. We were one of the big customers, and we used to get good prices, but the cost of the support need to be improved.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Cisco Nexus an eight out of ten.

More Cisco Nexus reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Catalyst Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Nexus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.