Cisco Nexus Review

Good reliability and configuration options with straightforward access to switching platforms

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Cisco Nexus is for an internet data center.

How has it helped my organization?

Cisco Nexus can handle the traffic in our data center. This was a brand new bill for a data center that we are setting up for a gaming environment. We knew we needed heavy duty switching hardware at that location.

What is most valuable?

Cisco Nexus has good overall reliability and configuration options. It is fairly straightforward to access the switching platforms.

What needs improvement?

Cisco Nexus is a switch. It's fairly straightforward in what it does and what it can offer. Other than the differences between the command line or vs. Catalyst, it's just getting used to it.

I don't have any negative issues. Cisco Nexus is expensive.

The stability has been great. We've been using it for the last five years and haven't had any failures yet.

I don't see any issues with the scalability of Cisco Nexus.

For Cisco's overall technical support, i.e. if you have a problem, I'd probably give it eight or a nine out of ten. It's reliable.

One of our switches died last week and we were able to RMA it. Within four hours it arrived on time and worked. We have no issues with Cisco's customer support.

We didn't have any previous solution.

The initial set was fairly straightforward. It's a basic set up that we have. It's not an overly complex network that it's being used in. It was primarily used to support channels.

Cisco was our only vendor.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I'd probably give Cisco Nexus an eight to nine, based on relatability and the ease of configuration.

Given the overall reliability and stability of the Cisco product, it's worth the price over any other switching platform out there.