Cisco Nexus Review

Adds high-performance and availability to our network

What is our primary use case?

My primary use for this solution is bridging servers and storage arrays and networks across multiple domains.

How has it helped my organization?

We move massive amounts of data across the network at a time, so the fact that we can do it over a ten-gigabit pipeline is incredible. It speeds up the network data transfer time.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the high performance.

What needs improvement?

I really wish that Nexus and iOS commands were more similar than they are different. Standardization across iOS and Nexus operating systems would be an improvement.

The stability of this solution is great.

This solution has great scalability.

We are a partner, and most of our programs are air-gapped, which means that we don't get to have real-time customer support. Somebody who is cleared has to come on-site to look at what our problems are.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. There is a pre-configuration wizard that will prompt you whenever you connect any device for the first time. It is pretty simple that way.

The only solutions that we considered were by Cisco. We have used other products, for example from HP, but we were not as satisfied by those as we were with Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

If you want high performance and availability then Nexus is the way to go.