Cisco Nexus Review

Helps us with troubleshooting and uptime management in keeping a healthy network but needs better granularity

What is our primary use case?

We use Cisco Nexus primarily to check the health of our links. We use it to make sure if our links are good or not. It really helps with troubleshooting.

How has it helped my organization?

Cisco Nexus has improved the way our organization functions through the troubleshooting. We had issues where we've seen our links saturated. We were able to determine what was being processed on the link.

It has reduced the complexity of our network monitoring because I'm able to drill down quickly and figure out what's going on.

It has helped us make sure that we have the best uptime that we can have.

What is most valuable?

Although it could be better, you can get the granularity depending on the amount of time that you drill into it.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more granularity.

The stability of the solution is very good.

It scales very well.

We did not have a previous solution.

Cisco Nexus is straightforward to set up. We just pointed our logs to it. It's pretty easy.

We used a consultant. I didn't install it, I don't know exactly how it was done.

We have seen ROI based on the fact that we have more uptime.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate this product a seven because it's helped out a lot in terms of troubleshooting.

9000
More Cisco Nexus reviews from users
...who compared it with Juniper QFabric
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Nexus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.