Cisco Wireless Review

Easy setup with great technical support and reliable technology

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution purely for a wide extension, in over it to achieve the desired coverage. It's a structure for our employees, and it offers end-to-end coverage for our employees to gain access to our corporate environment when they need to.

How has it helped my organization?

If you look at the Cisco products, it's sort of like buying a Mercedes-Benz, in that you know you get a brand that's well known and has a reputation of reliability. The ease of access and the simple rollout make it a natural choice.

What is most valuable?

The ease of rollout is one of the main reasons we ended up choosing Cisco as a solution.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

The technical support is excellent.

What needs improvement?

The pricing is above average. They are a pretty expensive option. If clients don't have the budget, it can be hard to afford. The company should work to reduce the price and make them more competitive.

The solution would be better if there was some sort of server type of tool that's included in the package. If there was something that could help you fine-tune the solution a bit easier, it would be helpful.

I've been using the solution for eight or nine years at this point. It's been a while.

The technology of the product is excellent. The solution is very reliable and stable.

In our organization, there are roughly about 500 people using the Wireless. They vary from entry-level to senior management.

Cisco's technical support is very, very good. They are very knowledgeable and responsive. We're quite satisfied with the level of assistance they provide to us when we need it. It's quite professional.

We work as a service provider, and therefore we use a variety of products, including Cisco, Meraki, Ruckus, and Hadoop.

Although we've used other solutions, we've stuck with Cisco ourselves from the start.

The initial setup was not complex. It was straightforward and very simple. The setup and deployment are one of its selling points as it is quite easy.

The deployment is pretty quick. Of course, we have a certain level of comfort with the solution after so many years, so it is easy for us. We haven't encountered any issues with the process. Other organizations should also find it relatively easy.

The solution doesn't need a lot of staff for deployment and there is very little maintenance required. Those that we do have would be fairly technical as we would require some of our CNPs to do the support and maintenance on the system.

We don't need any consultants or implementors as we have sufficient in-house expertise. We can handle it ourselves.

I don't work with the commercial side, I don't have any estimate on the cost.

That said, I do know that it is more expensive than other options.

What other advice do I have?

We are a service provider.

Cisco is a well-known brand especially when it comes to technology. They're one of the market leaders and they're absolutely a no-fuss vendor. I would recommend it to anyone.

It did take me a few weeks or months to get used to some aspects of the system, however, once you learn it, you get very comfortable with the processes of deployment.

I would rate the solution at a ten out of ten. It's a superior option that's easy to implement and very reliable.

Private Cloud

8.8
More Cisco Wireless reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Aruba Wireless
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.