Cisco Wireless Review

Simple to have a guest network but cost could be improved

What is most valuable?

Unified management, reporting, stability, and most importantly seamless roaming

How has it helped my organization?

Network wide SSID’s and passkeys help the day to day function of the IT staff. Simple to have a guest network.

What needs improvement?

The cost could be improved.

2 Years

Deployment for the WLAN controllers is very simple with a proper plan of your organization’s requirements. I have deployed this across large university campuses, vpn tunnels, and small businesses.

I have had very few issues with appliances or access points dropping off.

This goes back to properly planning your deployment. The smaller WLAN controller’s don’t grow well.

10 out of 10

10 out of 10

I haven’t switched anyone but we do often deploy Ubiquiti Unifi equipment for our smaller clients

Like all things Cisco, this can be as simple or complex as you want it. Most implementations are very simple to start.

It is done in-house.

We evaluated Aruba, Ruckus, and Ubiquiti.

What other advice do I have?

Do your research! Make sure this product fits your needs.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Cisco Partner
More Cisco Wireless reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Aruba Wireless
1 Comment

author avatarit_user195360 (Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees)

Cisco's TAC is, in my opinion, is one of the best support teams of the world. Cisco uses to invest a lot of resources in research and development, including TAC. About other topics, reading of release notes before doing the upgrade is extremely recommended since some features may face deactivation or malfunction. Embedded captive portal is simple but it works smoothly.