Cisco Wireless Review

Reliable product. Ability to handle huge amounts of traffic needs to be improved.

What is most valuable?

No configuration required on access points and better monitoring.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been deploying in different companies and their wireless communication has improved.

What needs improvement?

Access Points are unable to handle huge traffic and if one user start downloading other user bandwidth speed is affected.

Multiple Times.

4402, 4404, 5508

Yes we did have issues. The start access points were unable to join the controller but we managed.

There was an issue with User Authentication with lDAP.

None encountered.

None encountered.

It was good.

It was good.

Our customer used Linksys access points and they had problems with their connection so they decided for WLAN.

Start the controller. The initial setup process will start the you need to configure multiple parameters, and the configuration is done.

I implemented myself for multiple companies.

No day-to-day cost.

Yes different WLAN Controller models.

What other advice do I have?

Good product and good reliability

More Cisco Wireless reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Aruba Wireless
1 Comment

author avatarit_user195360 (Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees)

About you just said regarding "room for improvement", you have to understand that this behavior is expected for some 802.11 standards. It has nothing to do with Cisco solution. I mean, it's a 802.11 feature. To avoid such thing, you should try 802.11n (MIMO) and 802.11ac. Plus, avoid simply turning the controller on and leaving the parameters as default. Wireless products MUST be customized to your scenario and needs.