Cisco Wireless Review
Installation is easy and the Guest feature works well

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for enabling the users to connect wirelessly to the network, to give them seamless mobility if they go to a meeting room. It's always-on connectivity.

How has it helped my organization?

Having Cisco switches in the network also benefits the wireless. Having both in the same network has advantages in regards to compatibilities. It's also pretty easy to get it up and running in a short time, so that's a big advantage. Having the same vendor, Cisco, for switches and wireless, we can roll out more features without having to worry whether they will be supported or not.

What is most valuable?

The Guest feature is pretty good.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes I've seen some issues come up with the interference. That's an issue users face at times. It becomes very complex when you have a lot of wireless interference in the area, or in your office. It's because of the environment of Cisco. Maybe, in the future, they can work on this area, and fix this issue.

The wireless controller runs smoothly, without any issues.

For Cisco Wireless, you need to have Cisco access points and a Cisco controller to get it running, but if you want to expand your infrastructure in Wireless, you just need to buy a new AP and get it installed. It's pretty easy.

Tech support for Cisco Wireless has been pretty good. They have helped us through problems.

The setup was straightforward. It's a very complex switch, but if you have a person with the ability to follow the steps, it will be up and running.

What other advice do I have?

Cisco wireless is a pretty good product. I would definitely recommend buying it. If you are looking for a wireless solution I would definitely recommend going with Cisco Wireless.

I rate Cisco Wireless at about eight out of 10. It's pretty good, it's very compatible with other Cisco products.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Service integrator.