Darktrace Review

Antigena feature offers immediate and helpful response

What is our primary use case?

Darktrace makes up part of our security solution and it is able to operate without intervention from IT staff.

How has it helped my organization?

You can have a one-person IT team and with Darktrace, you can get notification of potential threats that are incoming or are already happening on the network.

What is most valuable?

I like the Antigena feature in Darktrace, as it offers immediate response and is helpful.

This product collects more data than your traditional type of software, which is useful for us.

What needs improvement?

The interface is too mathematical and it should be simplified. If you are a seasoned user then you would know where to go, but you have to learn it first. The terminologies being used are mostly numbers. In general, it could be more user-friendly. The GUI can be more simplified and the sections on the interface can be better organised. Usability and visibility of features can improve the skills of administrators and the product will be a preferred solution and ratings will increase

My experience with Darktrace is short because we are just implementing it now.

The stability of Darktrace is fine.

We do not intend to scale. Scalability is more of a contract issue that comes into play if you want to add nodes to the system. We are opting for a specific number of nodes or endpoints, which we would be able to keep for quite a number of years. I don't expect that we will expand that much, so scalability should not be an issue.

We have been in contact with technical support using different platforms. We have dealt with them using Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and via email.

The initial setup was quite simple and straightforward, taking about an hour to complete. After that, the port modeling took perhaps an hour or two.

If you consider the features and the cost of market leaders, we are satisfied with the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

Hybrid Cloud