Darktrace Review

Built-in AI analytics helps give you total visibility of your architecture assets

What is our primary use case?

I am working with Darktrace in concert with F5, Tufin, and SAP security products.

What is most valuable?

One of the things I like most about Darktrace is the fact that it has AI analytics built into it. That merger allows us to have a look at the way that things are working within our company. The fact that it is self-learning is a benefit that has given me 100% visibility across the cloud, my SaaS (Software as a Service) providers, my Office 365 services, within my data center, and also on-premises.

We are also working with Darktrace on their alpha and beta testing for endpoint security. That is a model that we are thinking about incorporating later.

Another thing I really like is that it is a very simple product to use. It is very logical and it works beautifully.

What needs improvement?

The product is really excellent all around and I can not fault it. The only thing that I can think of that would improve it would be if they had a better visualization and a reporting portal.

What I mean by better visualization is it could help map our services and endpoints in a better way. At the moment it is fairly complex in the way that it represents our network devices. It would help if there was in a slightly more logical way of visualizing the assets as opposed to the way it is currently being done.

We are talking to Dartrace at the moment about putting in a reporting portal so we can have technical reports separate from management reports. Some of our management gets information in reports that they do not need to see. When they see it they will not understand what it means. Targeting — or customizing — the reports that we make can allow us to have the content fit what the recipient needs to see without distracting extras.

Apart from those potential additions, this product is absolutely excellent. It has given us everything we have wanted. Darktrace, as a company, has been really good. Our account manager is totally responsive. The support teams have been really conscientious.

Fingers crossed. So far Darktrace has proven to be a great asset.

We have been using Darktrace for about four-and-a-half years now.

The scalability of Darktrace is excellent. If we want to increase the IP count it is just a matter of negotiating the licenses. We have already upgraded to the largest model of their hardware, and scaling is nice and simple in that situation.

The technical support people have been good. They understand exactly what we need every time. So I am very happy about that.

If you ask a question and support can not answer straight away, they will say that they will be back to you within 'X' number of hours. Then they actually do it, which is not something that you get a lot of in technical support teams. Normally people do not stick to what they say they are going to do.

Our deployment took probably the best part of three months. But the amount of time was more a matter of our constraints, not a problem with Darktrace and the difficulty of deployment. We are operating in 13 countries and it was the scale of it that took additional time. Smaller deployments will take less time.

What other advice do I have?

If someone asked me for advice about the product I would definitely highly recommend it to those who need this type of solution. It is really good. It has given us a view of our company and it has actually caught a couple of people that were doing data exfiltration and stealing data from our company. We caught them doing it in the act in live time, which is just incredible.

On the scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would definitely rate this product at the moment as a ten. It is a perfect solution for our needs.

Hybrid Cloud