Darktrace Review

A great solution for threat detection that intelligently and immediately responds to attacks across your enterprise system

What is our primary use case?

We use it to deploy to enterprise customers to provide them with a complete, reliable and intelligent threat detection and response system.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us to reliably serve our customers with quick deployment of a durable, effective and intelligent product.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable part of the product is the whole package. The features included in the Enterprise Immune System are complete and effective. Its detection engine is ridiculously good.

What needs improvement?

It is hard to really address what needs to be improved in the respect that it does everything I would expect of a superior solution. It is simple enough to use because the interface is quite simple, the setup is quick and painless — in only an hour the product is installed. Users can train on the system in less than three hours. When the configuration is complete they will already know what to do and they can just go on and use the product.

I think that the price is quite good compared to other, similar products. They already have a plugin that you can use to set up integration with virtually any other product.

Maybe it could come with a few more built-in integrations, such as adding ServiceNow. They already have built-in integration with Antigena Cyber AI Response Modules for the clouds and for the network (AWS & Azure), and they did Office 365 (email), and SaaS applications as well.

I guess a few more options and opportunities like this built-in would be nice. It is not a big thing.

We have been deploying this solution for clients since 2017

The stability of the product is really very good. Clients who have had us do the implementations say it is fantastic after they've tried it.

The product is definitely scalable and can grow with your enterprise business.

In terms of customer support, it is really rare that you need them to do anything because the product is really good. You turn it on and it just works. Really anyone can run it. So a level ten tech, a level five tech or a level one tech can use it. It makes everyone competent. It's like driving an automatic car because the gears shift for you. You still have to be a good driver and take the wheel and press the gas. But you can switch it back to manual if you want a different level of control. It's up to you. But everybody with different skill levels and different purposes for the deployment can use it.

When we have contacted the technical support they have been very good.

It's simple enough to install and it does exactly as the product says: "installed in about an hour." With only an hour to install initially and with being able to train people to use it in just a few hours, it is very quick to do the initial setup. Very straightforward. It's a jog in the park.

Normally, once you deploy, for a normal site it's about two weeks time to set up configurations for the network, but then it is optimized and processing even faster. It's faster with fewer features and, usually, I use is about half of what it is capable of doing based on the client need. And once you do that configuration, you're ready to go. All that in less than two weeks and you can start getting threat intelligence reports from the network with intelligent tools. It's fantastic.

We are the ones who do the implementations and we have done many, so we are very good at it.

Our return on investment is as a reseller and consultant because we make returns on servicing the customers.

I think that the price is quite fair and very good for this type of product and the features that the product provides.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to people and organizations considering this as a solution is: go buy it. They shouldn't waste their time fussing and looking around at other solutions. It works. I've done administrating for several years, and this is the one solution that works. It complements what you have, whatever that is. It is like a plug-and-play component. There is no solution that does what it does. You even have some excellent systems like Cisco's Stealthwatch — these are just the three packet analysis technologies. Darktrace is actually DPI (Deep Packet Inspection), which in my markets is now called the threat level buttons. It is really an advanced product and everything just works ridiculously well.

If I had to rate the product on a scale of one to ten (ten is the best) I'd give it an actual ten. It is the only product I use that I would give a full ten. It's hard to achieve a ten as you have to be better than everything and everyone else. It does deliver on what it says it can do.